Lasik/Contacts cause dry eyes

viasevenvai

Registered
I'm curious if anyone here has dry eyes and what they do about it with their helmet.

I had Lasik eye surgery about 4 years ago and my eyes require eyedrops every day. It's not painful but it can make my vision blurry if they get dry.

The new Arai Corsair V helmets have the temple air channels in a different spot that supposedly helps dry eyes.

Thanks for any insight!

I had LASIK done and had dry eyes a few months after surgery. Luckily for me, that condition has resolved and no longer need to use eye drops constantly/regularly.
P.S. When was the last time you had an eye exam?

I had LASIK done and had dry eyes a few months after surgery. Luckily for me, that condition has resolved and no longer need to use eye drops constantly/regularly.
P.S. When was the last time you had an eye exam?

I had a check up every few months for the year after the surgery. I'm sure I have a lot of scar tissue in my eye because my vision was bad. It's 20/20 now though and I'm happy with it mostly.

The doctor tried to convince me I needed the tear duct plugs but I said hell no. I'll gladly use eye drops for the rest of my life than plug up my tear ducts.

I'm hoping someone has had an experience where they were bothered with the wind in the helmet on their eyes and fixed it with a combination of the right brand of helmet and shutting the right vents.

I usually wear contacts when i ride and its not too bad. i keep rewetting drops in my pocket when i go on trips. I was thinking of lasik myself but im far sighted so i dont think i can get it. wish i could.

I wore contacts in 2008. It was too much of a hassle to put them in the morning and take them out at work when my eyes got too dry. I always had to carry a bottle of eye drops with me when I was biking.

I wear prescription sunglasses during the day. At night I have a different eyeglasses to wear. Both of my glasses work well in my HJC helmet. When you pick out your new eyeglasses you will have try them on with your helmet.

For those of you who had Lasik surgery/dry eyes try putting safety glasses on to block the wind.

Had Lasik done 8 years ago with the tear duct option. Works awsome. Ill ware safety glasses somtimes under my helmet and that works great.

Back