perfomance mods

jch364

Registered
I have been considering making some changes to my 06. I went the other day to quantum performance parts which is part of Brock Davidson who is next door. I talked to a guy named brian. After we talked for a while this is what we decided on.
1. -1 on the front sprocket
2. speedo healer....my idea
3. new chain. my idea cause i got over 20k on the original
4. airbox mod
5. a clutch mod to handle the hp better
6. either the brock megaphone full exhaust exchange or the alien head version.
7. Power commander 3 with brock maps
8. then tune it up and im all set.
total cost around 1,800 to 2k total. He said he could get it all done in a day and have it back to me.....................................................What do you guys think of this? It seems like a good bang for the buck kinda thing for me.
Suggestions opinions appreciated
race.gif

And the net results are
rock.gif
WHAT ? Did he say what the changes would do by using figures and not; "Well it'll go faster and sound meaner" ! Because for 2 GRAND it should sound different and go faster
wink.gif
. Any HP increases (with numbers) or Torque #'s and where in the power range you'll see them ? Then you can make the decision if it's worth it to you or not  
beerchug.gif

My .02 cents  
coffee.gif

Well we didn't get into the nitty gritty of it but about 10hp increase torque i dont know. range would be in the low to mid range i would say.

Brock's products have spent plenty of time in R&D. His products are all top quality and customer support is great. I think it's a good basic combo that you're looking at. There is a measurable performance increase using his exhaust and mapping it.

The sprocket change will give you the biggest kick in the pants. (no hp increase, but the bike will be more responsive.)

I was thinking of going +2 on the back sprocket. He suggested to not do that. Said that I would get more then enough out of just doing the front with the other mods in place. Sounds like a good set up to me. Not that I know enough about this sort of thing but from all of the things I have read and from the types of mods I have seen people do here on the board it seems like a good all around choice without getting into the engine itself which i really have no desire to do.....

anytime you go to a full exhaust, the smallbox mod (prob what the guys will do), and re-map it'll make a huge improvement. Go with the recomended -1 front for a while. Once you get used to that you can always go +2 rear and it's like learning throttle control all over again.
beerchug.gif

I had the 17/43 setup for about 2 years and liked it alot. Changed to 17/39 for highway/long distance riding. Still has plenty of power. I also have the Brock Hindle titanium, small air box mod, pciiiusb with Brocks map. have not had it tuned yet but the basic Brock map is good till you can tune it. you wont be sorry with that setup.
smile.gif

Back