People Say, "A Busa Won't Turn"..

I agree with what the above say... enjoy have fun and most of all remember to breath!

It't hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like your chain is a little tight. You may want to loosen it up a little, on the track you will want enjoy slack so the suspension has complete travel. But, I can't tell from the picture.

Some advise, relax, steer with the inner most arm and let the outer most arm relax, your outside arm should be relaxed and resting on the tank. Remember, you will want to kiss the mirror, or where your mirror should be. Kiss the mirror baby....

Have fun, be safe and welcome to track crack....

3:00AM (YAWN), sure is early. Glad I got everything together last night. Will be heading out in about 30 minutes to meet up with everyone and hit the road. Looked at the radar and some pretty ugly storm lines milling around just west of Topeka, gonna be interesting.
Tire pressures, I don't know for sure yet. Will start with 30/30 and feel from there (probably just leave them there and concentrate on the track). Chain slack is good at 25mm, and the tires will run in alright in a few laps, though I'll be paying close attention to them in those few laps. I sure don't want to be bringing it home in a sack.:laugh:
Thanks for the comments and well wishes everyone, hopefully I can get some pictures for your amusement.:thumbsup:

Have a great time, and don't try to break any records today. You'll have a blast!

Take lots of pics. Video would also be nice. :thumbsup:

3:00AM (YAWN), sure is early. Glad I got everything together last night. Will be heading out in about 30 minutes to meet up with everyone and hit the road. Looked at the radar and some pretty ugly storm lines milling around just west of Topeka, gonna be interesting.
Tire pressures, I don't know for sure yet. Will start with 30/30 and feel from there (probably just leave them there and concentrate on the track). Chain slack is good at 25mm, and the tires will run in alright in a few laps, though I'll be paying close attention to them in those few laps. I sure don't want to be bringing it home in a sack.:laugh:
Thanks for the comments and well wishes everyone, hopefully I can get some pictures for your amusement.:thumbsup:

25mm is not quite 1"...which is fine for the street and should not be a problem for today, but if the future for a track day give it another 1/4". They need to be on the loose side for a track day, your bike and suspension is really gonna get a workout today.

Have fun, relax, breath, look way way further through the corners than you normally do...and make sure to hydrate...NO ENERGY DRINKS.

:beerchug:

how much (besides tires,killswitch,..ect) does it cost for a day at the AVG track????

You don't need a kill switch for a track day (road course)...search for tracks near you and check their 'calendar'...then you can see who has the track rented out. Then go to "whoever's website" and check their rates and track day requirements. I've seen specials in the $80-$120 range, but expect to pay $150 and up for the day...I'm near Laguna Seca and Sears Point and it costs about $300 to ride at either one of those tracks.

Track day "schools" can be very expensive, but they offer much more 1 on 1 time and classroom work. Check it out...it's a lot of fun :thumbsup:

Have fun out there and you'll have the time of your life!

--Wag--

Back