PCIII maps

dwnhllthng

Registered
Ok guys, I was wondering if anyone could send me in the right direction to first off get the powercommander software for the PCIII usb. I bought the bike used and they didnt give me the software, is there an easy download somewhere. And also I need a good map for Bolt on dual Yoshi RS-3 and aftermarket air filter. Anyone got one of those? I'd really appreciate the help. Right now I disconnected the PCIII cause someone had it all messed up, wouldnt rev above 9g. So now I wanna take advantage of having it if I can.

Sweet, ok so I got the program downloaded. Now for the maps. I found some stuff on the powercommander wedsite for downloading with bike specific and mod specific. But when I open up the program adn try to get what I assume is a map loaded into it it isnt working. Simple instructions or am I doing somethign wrong?

Install PC3 software, dbbl click on map download and let it install in default location, Connect computer to power commander with USB cable, Run power commander software, Click open map, Select map to open, Then click Send map. That should be all!

I guess the real questions I should ask is where can I get a descent map? I'm not trying to "jack" anyones map, I dont do drag strip runs so no worries about that. I've heard its hard to get maps these days. I guess I can understand, but I just want my bike running. LOL Any help would be greatly appreciated
bowdown.gif

asking for a map help is kinda like pulling teeth with pliers.
people have them but dont want to turn loose.
the problem really is custom maps are set up for different altitudes/pipes.filters etc.. its hard to find one real close to what you need, some bikes act different also.
now if i had a custom map i would give it to you in a heartbeat and wouldnt care how or what you did with it.

With bolt-ons you don't need a map. The ECU can handle it. If you do get a PCIII the stock map will work just fine.

Well the only thing I have found with this bike since I bought it is a set of Yoshi RS-3 Bolt ons I assume, I dont think its a full system. And a K&N air filter. The reason I am tryign to find a map that works is because whatever map someone put in it before makes the bike run horrible. If you've ever had an old muscle car and had it backfire through teh carbs when you burp the throttle my bike does the same thing, and it wont rev past 9,000 rpms. So I disconnected the powercommander and it is running great now. But since I have the PCIII on it I would like to at least put in a neutral setting that will allow it to work and my bike to run properly. So if anyone has a basic map for a 2002 busa with Yoshi RS-3 Bolt ons (I assume not sull system) and a stock or K&N air filter that would be great. Thanks for the help guys. Also, if no one wants to let me use a map, where can I get one made for it? My Local Honda dealer has a Dyno and I knwo they have installed PC's before, will that allow them to do it properly? Or do I have to take it to a specialty shop?

(dwnhllthng @ May 09 2007,05:02) Well the only thing I have found with this bike since I bought it is a set of Yoshi RS-3 Bolt ons I assume, I dont think its a full system.  And a K&N air filter.  The reason I am tryign to find a map that works is because whatever map someone put in it before makes the bike run horrible.  If you've ever had an old muscle car and had it backfire through teh carbs when you burp the throttle my bike does the same thing, and it wont rev past 9,000 rpms.  So I disconnected the powercommander and it is running great now.  But since I have the PCIII on it I would like to at least put in a neutral setting that will allow it to work and my bike to run properly.  So if anyone has a basic map for a 2002 busa with Yoshi RS-3 Bolt ons (I assume not sull system) and a stock or K&N air filter that would be great.  Thanks for the help guys.  Also, if no one wants to let me use a map, where can I get one made for it?  My Local Honda dealer has a Dyno and I knwo they have installed PC's before, will that allow them to do it properly?  Or do I have to take it to a specialty shop?
If you really want a map come to my shop hyperbikecenters we are in Frederick, MD. We can do up a custom map for and check the bike over while its here. Call for an appointment 301-473-9191. We are still doing 200.00 maps for .Org members. Note: bike will run stronger for sure.

(dwnhllthng @ May 09 2007,07:02) Well the only thing I have found with this bike since I bought it is a set of Yoshi RS-3 Bolt ons I assume, I dont think its a full system.  And a K&N air filter.  The reason I am tryign to find a map that works is because whatever map someone put in it before makes the bike run horrible.  If you've ever had an old muscle car and had it backfire through teh carbs when you burp the throttle my bike does the same thing, and it wont rev past 9,000 rpms.  So I disconnected the powercommander and it is running great now.  But since I have the PCIII on it I would like to at least put in a neutral setting that will allow it to work and my bike to run properly.  So if anyone has a basic map for a 2002 busa with Yoshi RS-3 Bolt ons (I assume not sull system) and a stock or K&N air filter that would be great.  Thanks for the help guys.  Also, if no one wants to let me use a map, where can I get one made for it?  My Local Honda dealer has a Dyno and I knwo they have installed PC's before, will that allow them to do it properly?  Or do I have to take it to a specialty shop?
Load the "0" map from dynojets website. With this map in the PC, it should run exactly as it does with the PC removed. (Be sure and save the one you have now to go back and look at it later) If it does not, you have a problem with your PC. If you determine the PC is working correctly, there are quite a few maps that will get you in the "ballpark" on the dynojet website.
The "0" map is M312-000.
I'd try the 001 and 005 map with your combination, maybe the 002.
One of these should run better than without the PC on the bike.

These are just generic maps, chose the one that feels the best and take Greg up on the dyno-tune. Take a ride to his place and you’ll be able to tell a difference on the way back home!

Sweet, that just helped me out a ton. Now I have another question. When I download the map files and unzip them I can find them through my computer. But when I go through the powercommander program and try to import the file it is no where to be found. Am I downloading the file wrong that it's only showing up when searching outside of the Powercommander program or am I doing somethign wrong?

"import" uses the .MAP files. You should have .DJM files.

You want to use the "open map file" button and then point it to the path where your files are located.

Back