pc3 map worked fined switched headers

scooterlord

Registered
hello there,

I have a 01 busa with pc3 usb, yoshimura rs-3 bolts ons and k&n filter. Busa worked a bit funny but was not at all jerky or anything.

I switched headers and installed ones taken from a 03 model (? - am not quite sure). I mean I had the black matte 2 part-headers (headers+1 midpipe) and now I installed the 3-part chrome look headers from one of the following models (headers+2 midpipes).

so, now my busa works jerky, hadn't noticed it till I rode my friend's stock busa and felt the smoothness. he rides on 3rd gear with 20kph and busa runs smooth. mine runs jerky as hell. can't keep the bike rolling smooth unless I hold the clutch.

so, I assume this has to do with the pc3 + headers? what can I do to fix my problem? switch maps- if so, what map should I use? or is there anything extra in the headers I can take off and the headers 'work' like my previous stock ones? HELP! desperate busa-eerrr!

uhm, I never used the buttons and am not quite sure how to use them. do I just press them while idling? I have absolutely no problems with fast speeds, only at low. any other suggestions?

are both headers from <01 models to 02+ the same? I mean maybe the newer ones have something I can remove..?

first of all: admin, can you please send topic over to general talk, jic more people see it please?

and let me ask this: since a map for a 01 busa + slipons + filter differs compared to a 02 busa + slipons + filter, what makes this difference? is it the headers or the models have other differences as well that justify the differences between maps?

i'll also try cleaning my air filter tomorrow :/ any more suggestions welcome
sad.gif

as for the buttons I don't want to lose any performance, so unless I am sure i am doing it right i don't want to mess with those. bike runs fast as hell as long as I am not under 2000rpms and trying to go smooth

I feel your pain,bro,LOL. I too have a jerky under 3,000 rpm ride. If in in 3rd, gear ect. ,just coasting along the bike is very jerky at 2,500 rpm's, above 3,000 rpms is okay, just had the bike dyno tuned and I told the tuner my main problem was the under 3,000 rpm range, guess he wasnt as good as every one said he was, I also didnt like his 2 by 4 personnality. So this weekend while im up in NC and riding to the dragon im going to visit wheelers bike shop and get it done with the TECA hand held computer which remaps the stock computer, he said he knows what area im talking about and can smooth it out in that range, I too am getting sick and tired of pulling in the clutch and coasting around very slow and tight corners, I have two other bikes, carbed and jetted FZ1 and a road star with a 42mm flat side carb and have no problems what so ever, I hate FI,LOL.

Back