PC3 ? Bike Jerking

BRUDEH

Registered
I posted a ? a while back about how I put RS3 Race Bolt-Ons on my Busa. After the install I noticed alot of jerking at low RPM, 1500 and under. Now that I have had the first service done, not that there was any major changes made, I can feel it jerking at speed limit in all gears. Pretty much anything 3000-3500rpm and lower. When I got the bike back it was idling a little low under 1000 rpm and I adjusted that, it idles at about 1300 now. Now my question is will the PC3 fix these problems is this what it was designed for. I have read numerous post about not having to do the PC with bolt-ons only full systems. But is it possible that the race bolt-ons and bike could benefit from the PC or do you think something more is going on.
Sorry so winded but would like to get this fixed.

Im pretty sure I know the jerking your talking about( kinda Like a studder under acceleration then goes away?). The pc won't fix this problem. This is something thats common with suzuki's What you want to look into is a TRE (timing retard eliminator) I had the same problem with my TL1000R and this fixed the problem, when I got my Busa I'ts the first mod that I did. It gets rid of that hesitation and smooths out the bike in low RMPs. I won't get into a whole lengthy post about what exactly it does, just reserch it and read about it, then get it.
The one I have is Ivan's TRE, cost about 100$ bucks, it plugs right in no cutting or anything. www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
wink.gif

i had the same problem at low speeds, i put a tre on my bike a few days ago and now it is very smooth at all speeds.

check this post

will have a link to the website

Im pretty sure I know the jerking your talking about( kinda Like a studder under acceleration then goes away?).  The pc won't fix this problem.  This is something thats common with suzuki's What you want to look into is a TRE (timing retard eliminator) I had the same problem with my TL1000R and this fixed the problem, when I got my Busa I'ts the first mod that I did. It gets rid of that hesitation and smooths out the bike in low RMPs. I won't get into a whole lengthy post about what exactly it does, just reserch it and read about it, then get it.
The one I have is Ivan's TRE, cost about 100$ bucks, it plugs right in no cutting or anything.  www.ivansperformanceproducts.com  
wink.gif
B.S. a good custom map will fix it.
I like the way people want a bandaid to fix something when you have the right stuff already.

Yes just get a good custom map FOR YOUR BIKE.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087577846 -->

Johnny. So you can make me a Map for my bike that will make it run better than the Brock maps? If so what do you need to know about the bike? Cost?

Johnny Thanks for the info. I kinda thought thats what you would say but I also thought that maybe you had a set map that would work in a stock motor bike with Gen 3 and small air box mod. I run the 27-03b brock map and there are things about it that I think could be better. There are no tuners around here that I know of or would trust.

hooken203 have you emailed Brock?
since you can't get a custom map mad
tell him your problem and he will send you another map to try

Im pretty sure I know the jerking your talking about( kinda Like a studder under acceleration then goes away?).  The pc won't fix this problem.  This is something thats common with suzuki's What you want to look into is a TRE (timing retard eliminator) I had the same problem with my TL1000R and this fixed the problem, when I got my Busa I'ts the first mod that I did. It gets rid of that hesitation and smooths out the bike in low RMPs. I won't get into a whole lengthy post about what exactly it does, just reserch it and read about it, then get it.
The one I have is Ivan's TRE, cost about 100$ bucks, it plugs right in no cutting or anything.  www.ivansperformanceproducts.com  
wink.gif
I like the way people want a bandaid to fix something when you have the right stuff already.
So are your saying the TRE is Bullshit? Suzuki dosent map the bike to run different in 1 2 3 4 6 gear?
rock.gif
I don't think it's BS because it worked on my bike just fine. By the way why don't you mention how much a custom map will cost. It's not cheep prob. about 200 and it won't fix the problem.

wink.gif
So are your saying the TRE is Bullshit?  Suzuki dosent map the bike to run different in 1 2 3 4 6 gear?
rock.gif
  I don't think it's BS because it worked on my bike just fine.  By the way why don't you mention how much a custom map will cost.  It's not cheep prob. about 200 and it won't fix the problem.
I'm not trying to piss anyone off here, but, I must admit the $100 Smart TRE from Ivan's did the trick on my bike. So, whether it's snake oil or BS, it does work to eliminate the low end surging. The dude at Ivan's said that the Powercommander is for fuel and possibly timing. That if I purchased a PC and tweaked it's map or got a custom one to address the surging, it could help but that it's probably a $500 initiative and may require becoming a semi-expert on fuel maps. The TRE is specifically to designed to address the timing hesitation. As a byproduct, you do eliminate the 6th gear limiter but for 99% of us that's not even a factor. I do believe JohnnyCheese that the PC is a much more robust approach. However, if you just want to eliminate that low end hesitation, the Smart TRE from I'vans will do it. I like the Ivan's product because it's suppose to cut out at idle eliminating some roughness. Seems my idle needed to be adjusted up a couple hundred rpms to get back to 1,150 but other that that, the bike runs much more smoothly now. After I get on my Heli's and Corbin seat I may look into a PC but for now I'm loving how the $100TRE has made my Busa run so smooth.

wink.gif
So are your saying the TRE is Bullshit?  Suzuki dosent map the bike to run different in 1 2 3 4 6 gear?
rock.gif
  I don't think it's BS because it worked on my bike just fine.  By the way why don't you mention how much a custom map will cost.  It's not cheep prob. about 200 and it won't fix the problem.
nope not B.S. but how many are going to put PC's on their bike??? if you will never do it find use a bandaid but if you do get one (which you will need with a pipe or airbox mod) then you are screwed and yes 200-250 to map is cheap for then you are correct where you need to be, unlike a TRE which you are rich everywhere but one RPM range

wink.gif
rock.gif
nope not B.S. but how many are going to put PC's on their bike??? if you will never do it find use a bandaid but if you do get one (which you will need with a pipe or airbox mod) then you are screwed and yes 200-250 to map is cheap for then you are correct where you need to be, unlike a TRE which you are rich everywhere but one RPM range
But, Johnny Cheese, the TRE makes you the most rich in low rpm's, a medium rich in medium rpms', and hardly rich at all at high rpm's. Isn't this a pretty good trade-off for having the bike run smoothly for those of us who do a lot of in-town cruising around or rush hour driving? If there's some negative aspects beyond my current take on it, please chime in because info on this is hard to come by. Thanks for your help. Also, I know you've said it indirectly a few times, but, how exactly would a PC address the jerkyness?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge,

Todd

in gears 1-4 you would be rich everywhere. in 5-you would be right at OEM and in 6th you would be leaner than OEM

just pull up a map for a stock busa all the (-)numbers you would be adding fuel to and be too rich

there is a map for each gear
i don't think there is a perfect map for all gears

that is why the PC is way better than the TRE

Another fix is an ATRE where you can change the map of the 1st gear only to get rid of the jerkyness and leave all the other gears oem.

Is this right Johnny?
biggrin.gif

I know you must be tired of answering those questions.
I need to put my knowledge to the test and to a good use.

Back