PayPal (theDevil)

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Did I ever mention that I'm not a fan of PayPal (theDevil) and only being able to pay for Ebay (theDevil2) stuff through PayPal (theDevil). ). :cussing::firing:

I luv how they claim to do these things for my benefit. :rofl:

I guess that I have been lucky, I have had no issues with them for the many years and literally hundreds of transactions i have done thru them. Now, I do think they get too much for their fees, but that is known before using them. Pretty rliable way of sending and recieving money IMO.

I actually kind of like the ability to use Paypal for sites that accept them (saves me from having to input credit card information on each site) but obviously I don't enjoy the fees when using it.

At least, most of what I do is purchase so the seller takes care of the fees...really bites selling something and getting Ebay fees then Paypal fees deducted from your item to leave you with a couple $$$ left.

It's the whole idea of them having their teeth attached to my bank account that I don't like and all of the fees. It dones't do anything extra that a normal credit card transaction protection policy covers. Yet it costs everyone extra to use them. I'm just not a fan of middlemen let alone one that takes a skim from the top. What bothers me is that I feel forced to use them. You're not givn any other options.

Imagine wanting to buy a car and every dealer says "oh, you got to talk to Joey bag-o-donuts if you wanna buy a car. By the way, make sure you thank him by pressing a $20 in his palm."

I do feel that paypal is helpful for the private individual who wants to sell something to someone and have some protection for both. I'm waiting for the day that I go through a toll and it says "enter your paypal account information to pay the toll".

I use paypal all the time with no problems. Most as a buyer, so the fee is not a problem for me. I just got through spending about $5K on a new sound system for our band, all with paypal.

same here, been using them to buy and sell for years with no prob's. You dang right there fees are high though. Had a few people prob's and ebay and paypal both took care of it through about 4xx transactions.???

I have mine linked to a separate checking account and only keep money in there if I'm going to buy something. NO WAY would I give them access to my actual checking account. That could mess up your life BIG TIME!
I hate how they "double dip" when you sell something on ebay. Ebay owns Paypal. If I pay Ebay fees and offer THEIR service, they should wave the fees. :moon:

They provide a service that was not provided for previously. Either they will improve or someone else will come along and better it. Frankly, gotta hand it to ebay who came up with the concept - I sure wish I had....:laugh:

Not sure if I would want to use some one else? I sure am not going to give my cc info to some guy that is selling "pazzo" levers on the other side of the world.
Posted via Mobile Device

Every major credit card provides fraud protection.
Not sure if I would want to use some one else? I sure am not going to give my cc info to some guy that is selling "pazzo" levers on the other side of the world.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back