Passenger comfort on 08 Busa

I love the backrest, Please let me know when you get the thread going! I love the bike and the color scheme. My wife would love the back rest .
She is my a little be bit shorter than your wife, she is an "Irish Lepricun", she is only 4'10", basically she is a "Hobbit" or a half-ling.

Great Job!!

Cannot wait to see more!!

:beerchug:

My girl uses the front of the gas tank for support, and me when we start to get moving. The grab rail isnt the best. I asked her if she has used it. She only uses it to help her get on the bike.

Same here. I think it's the difference of carrying a chick or a dude. My girl uses the tank on a hard deceleration and hangs on to me when accelerating. Its not like you're riding a goldwing. Performance requires commitment but the ride is awsome!

Saw these in the back of a bike mag.

Firespeed
X-tra Bar

Don't know if it would fit the Busa gas cap ring or not.
But it'd give the Pillion some thing else to hold on to, and would be good for accelerating or decelerating

Joker is correct, I sent him rough schematics on how the seat is constructed and we have been working through dry fitting a working model prior to purchasing the materials and fabing up the seat. I have had a lot of offers to make these for people...to be honest I have a company set up, but this my first job kills me on time. Secondly, I really enjoy when I can find something that someone offers up and does not want to charge for...I just love bikes and based on the overwhelming response I will be glad to put a thread together on how to do this seat mod.

I will put up the drawings, instructions and helpful hints if there really is enough interest. Maybe we could do a working thread for those that want to try this mod???

As for the strength on this unit...I have load tested this with a several hundred pounds of lateral force...it does not move, it does not bend. On a hard launch with my wife on the back (5'4" and 110 lbs, she was able to lean all the way against the seat and remain comfortable, stable and safe. Long haul comfort is great as the Tobin foam and the angle that I set it at allows her to sit back and relaxed.

Yes, no, maybe...your thoughts...

I will say this JOKER has been wonderful to talk to as we have worked on a number of issues with this and I am looking forward to hearing how his version of my seat works.

You have a very nice bike. Love the backrest. My lady complains when we ride over longer periods.

Been looking for a backrest like yours for her. Maybe you could PM me the schematics? Would be grateful :bowdown:

Dr E - Thats a really beautiful colour scheme!
I want to get a passenger backrest too...this one seems great. If you can post up details of how it was made, I will see if I can get it done here in the UK.

Im having my busa 08 painted and thinking of doing the same colours. Not sure how well it will work with the fairing shape around the indicators on the 08 though....

Btw - which mirrors are those? They look really nice.

dmrowe, I took a passenger because he is a friend, staying over with my son, who is an eager biker without two wheels at present. What should I have done, just driven off without offering him a ride, instead of sharing the experience with him?
You COULD have just let him take it for a spin around the block instead :lol:
But seriously though I've seen two guys riding a motorcycle in a lot of places. San Francisco, Iraq, some latin and asian countries... :whistle:

ok enough of that.
*Goes to clear room in his living room so he can have his Busa inside like Dr. E *

have you others pictures of the "strange" color of ythis 1340 busa :poke: ???

thanks

Yeah, what gives?! I saw a blue silver, with silver wheels, an old school color combo. It looked 100% stock, right down to the big ugly mufflers.

Yours too huh?! HA!

I ended up getting her a backrest, but the only thing she uses it for is strapping luggage to on long trips. As far as holding on, she uses me, the bar and the tank, and that seems to be the way she likes it.

PICT2997.jpg

Well my wife says the K8 is more comfy than my Blackbird...... I guess if you ride b*tch you should be a b*tch. :laugh:

Still waiting on Dr E for the seat shcematics or sale price, Im sure wed all be happy either or..

FREE BUMP!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

And yeah that color on his bike looks sooo sick..:bowdown::bowdown:

I ended up getting her a backrest, but the only thing she uses it for is strapping luggage to on long trips. As far as holding on, she uses me, the bar and the tank, and that seems to be the way she likes it.

Who makes that and where can it be purchased?

Still waiting on Dr E for the seat shcematics or sale price, Im sure wed all be happy either or..

FREE BUMP!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

And yeah that color on his bike looks sooo sick..:bowdown::bowdown:
I finally made one of my own desighn. Don't know what happened but he never came back with any details. I'll try to get some pics on here this weekend. Mine bolts to the frankenstein bolts an rests on the grab bar. It works pretty good and has a luggage rack. Now I can carry my Stuff.:thumbsup:

Send me a PM and I will be happy to share the details. If you send me an email I will send you the Word Doc.

I must say I am really taken with the back rest/luggage rack you made. That right there is top notch.

My girlfriend was the same way until i got my Tobin seat. Now she loves it. She said that she feels safer with the cut out in the seat now. For me i just want her to enjoy it.

I really need to get those Tobin seats - that's my exact bike and I love how those seats look :)

rick

Back