pass button with 55w hid high beam

IRDEATH

Registered
i think i remember reading a while back but can't find it now that after i install a high beam hid my pass will become unusable, is that true or will i just have to hold it down longer for the high beam to come on for the high beam to flash. We'll big reason i'm asking is because my pass button also purges my nitrous system, that's really when i ever use it. lets say i want to purge the nitrous system and hold the pass button down for 2 seconds will the hid come on then off, because if so I do know that isn't good for a hid bulb, could i use a delay set at like 10 seconds and it still let me use the pass button for purge and not actually activate the hid because i would never hold the pass "purge" button for more then 2-3 seconds. any thoughts about this? thanks

The button will work fine. The HID ballast doesn't ignight fast and the bulbs need a little warm up time. The flash to pass becomes unusable becasue the high beam doesn't react fast enough. Unless you are really attached to the flash to pass feature, I'd wire the button to be dedicated to only the nitrous.

+1 on unusable--- bulb takes too long to heat up and get bright... just shoot the juice with it...or purge in this case:laugh:

Back