pashnit website hacked again?

Books. :laugh: Seriously. I laugh because it's hard for me to believe some times myself. When I put it into an annual figure it kinda shiocks the crap out of me. Oh, and that's gross income...net is more around half that.

Cap, I udnerstand why Hayabusa.org needs the space, but I was questioning pashnit more than anything. I never really noticed that his site required much in the way of space....maybe he hosts more than I know.

Tim has as many members as we do, he may not see the volume of traffic but he does have a forum just like we do.. With the Pashnit touring he brings in new members everytime he takes a trip with people...

Doug and I are using the same program & the Pashnit Forum also has about 30K members worldwide. Operationally, they function the same like Doug posted a few posts back. I also have 100,000+ photos (stopped counting) on the site as Pashnit has always had a big focus on motorcycle travel photography through the years. He has a point in 'Dynamic' vs 'Static'. Back in the days when the pashnit site was 'static' - it was super easy.

Now the Pashnit grows exponentially 24 hrs day 7 days a week. The software is self-perpetuating.

PashnitMoto as a dealer has climbed to representing about 60 manufactures now with 10-15 lined up at any given time waiting to be listed. So each manufacture has their own website we've built; we replicated their entire site. We've done that in a sense 60x over.

We've outgrown the existing server and knew this 'end of life' was coming, but the dates gotten pushed up. We've just had to shut the whole thing off for couple days while we rebuilt the entire site inside the new server. Yes, it sucks, but I've been doing this a long time and it's part of running a huge site at times.

And God bless you for making $180K at selling books on line. Only in America!

Last edited:
Back