pashnit website hacked again?

Just cause the site is down doesn't mean they were hacked... Friday nights are usually a good time to do maintenance is you need to....

cap

no, they were hacked again, right before an upgrade but they were hacked

they may not be able to restore the whole thing

gonna be down a while

i hate hackers!:moderator: nothing better to do than f-up other peoples stuff. theres a warm place in hell for scum like that:rulez:

yes i agree. leave people stuff alone go after the govwernment:)

Does he have some enemies or what? I run a few sites and have never been hacked.

Noticed that too, I tried to get on there last night to read about the SuperSprox Stealth and it was a no go.

I hope he had a backup of the site content :poke: At least the store side of it

Its a shame what people do these days for no reason

We have thousands if attempts on the org every day. Brute force attacks, dictionary attacks you name it. Every single day, mostly from china, brazil and russia.

Does he have some enemies or what? I run a few sites and have never been hacked.

droid x

Tims at the trade show in SF all wknd. I'll see him later this a.m. and see whats up.

We have thousands if attempts on the org every day. Brute force attacks, dictionary attacks you name it. Every single day, mostly from china, brazil and russia.

True dat. :( It's considered normal.

Site is down, possibly even for a couple days. It will come back up. I have been doing this going on 12 years so just part of running a huge site as it gets bigger and bigger.

You can follow updates on Twitter and Facebook or communicate with me here via pm, email: sales at pashnitmoto.com if you need anything: we can get it ordered or shipped out for you.

We have 'end of life' on our current server. So we are migrating to an entirely new box. Was not the plan to bring the whole thing down of course, but it's proving to be a very big job. All new software, firewalls, protocols, operating system, security & new PCI Standards to conform to.

I remember when I ran the site on donated free space. We've gone from that to $3000/yr for current server to $4000/yr (+$1000 for maintenance) for the new one. Yes folks, that's $5G just for server. I better sell some more brake lines. ;)

Thanks for the update Tim. I already have plenty of items from you site on my Christmas list that is provided to my wife each year.

Look forward to doing business with you again soon.

Dude, I make $180,000/yr on one site and it costs me less than $500/yr Either I'm taking some huge risks, or you're overpaying big time? What's the skinny? ???

Dude, I make $180,000/yr on one site and it costs me less than $500/yr Either I'm taking some huge risks, or you're overpaying big time? What's the skinny? ???

Servers are like vehicles...

If you're business is running errands you would probably want something small that got good gas mileage... If you hauled rock for a living you would want a dump truck... While both are great vehicles for what they do the purpose is completely different.... If you tried to haul dirt with your smart cart it wouldn't work very well the same for running errands in a dump truck...

If you have a static website where content doesn't change frequently then you can get away with having a smaller footprint and even maybe a shared platform with many other websites...

When you have a website that has the ability to not only allow people to download what is on your site but you also allow them to add content, you have a dynamic enviroment...

Think just for a second of all the things that happen on the org when a single post is made....

1. Login to the site >>>> interactive
2. New post is clicked >>>> database lookup for anything changed since you were last on the site.
3. Clicking and reading a thread >>>> The server send you the information
4. You respond with a reply >>>> the server takes the data and adds it to the servers database.
5. Anyone that has subscribed is now getting an email

Now take this process and do it hundreds and thousands of times simultaniously with other members.... There is a lot for the server to have to do....

When you have a website that simply allows the user to download pages to their computer their isn't a lot of resources needed...

I gave you the top 5 but we could add all the PM's and email that is being generated, pictures that are being resized and uploaded to the server, a lot of things happenning....

cap

What are you selling ?

Books. :laugh: Seriously. I laugh because it's hard for me to believe some times myself. When I put it into an annual figure it kinda shiocks the crap out of me. Oh, and that's gross income...net is more around half that.

Cap, I udnerstand why Hayabusa.org needs the space, but I was questioning pashnit more than anything. I never really noticed that his site required much in the way of space....maybe he hosts more than I know.

Last edited:
Back