parts swap question

taz

Registered
Well guys first off I have to confess, I have no Hayabusa. But I am a Suzuki fan. I love old suzuki muscle. I own a 1981 Gs750L & a 1985 GS1150. I can really appreciate the new bikes, the lines are slick, smooth and sexy, but the speed and riding position do not interest me. The relationship between the old Kantana and the lines of the Hayabusa are defintately there. No the reason I joined was to check out the bikes, banter, and ask a question. It's a perfomance question. I want to put a header designed for the the 06 busa on my 1150. Does anyone know if the head pipe matches up to the exhaust ports on my classic muscle? If it does, I'm looking for a Muzzy headpipe. Thanks guys for any help. I hope I don't get flamed too bad. and since everyone likes pics, here's my 1150:

1985GS1150E012.jpg

No, won't fit. Your 1150 cylinder head is wider. Are you a member over on the GS boards?

gsx-r 1100 (oil/air-cooled) heads will fit these engines. a lot of people in europe run this setup. IMHO the best way is to smooth input/output of the gs head and put some gsx-r cams in. even aftermarket gsx-r cams like yoshis will fit. replace the carbs with mikini RS or TMR and go for it. i´m running a gs 1150, too, with "a few" modifications. 1200cc, RS 36, rev-tec ignition, ported head, modified cams and completely customized chassis and bodywork... too much to list. did all mods and engine-work on my own:

1150.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome..... Hope you find the help you need. Many member will bring advice.

I have an 81 Gs1000L

post up pics of the 750

Nice bike hope you get it runnin like you want.
Nice to see way back machines riding around .
More unique !

Yes, I am am a member of the GSresources Jay. I really want just to loose the extra weight of the original exhaust, without making it irreversible Godzilla. Keepin' it basically stock. Thanks for the input guys, still lookin' for a Muzzy headpipe, pictured below:

exhaustpost001.jpg

Probably post a message in the parts wanted section later. Gonna dissect it and make a 4:2 out of it. then bolt on factory stock busa mid-pipes and mufflers. (see below):

2006busaexhaust_001.jpg

requested picture of GS750 for trekfuel:

1981suzuki750LX007.jpg

I photo shopped in the fairing and backrest just in case they look funny.

Back