difference from doing the marble mod

thecrackhead

Registered
well i just did the marble mod on the busa, what a difference! i had been running the full micron without the marble mod for a while and cant believe i hadnt done that already. my question is was it affecting perfomance not having that blocked, because it sure feels like a whole new machine

Yep. It's like removing the pair valve. I bet it sounds good to.

I just threw on slip ons. I'm not getting any back firing. Will I still see a difference?

I was getting backfire on decell with yosh slip ons and done the pair valve mod, no more backfire, runs and sounds great.

(bmbusa @ Apr. 11 2007,18:34) I was getting backfire on decell with yosh slip ons and done the pair valve mod, no more backfire, runs and sounds great.
same here with my akro pipe... put the marble in the hose and BOINK it was gone...

did i just say BOINK??
crazy.gif
i'm sitting here playing with my 2 year old son and just typed like was playing with him...
wow.gif

Marble mod is easy, but I'd go ahead and do the pair valve removal and get rid of the dead weight. The marble mod proved it was an inprovement, now dump the weight.
wow.gif

I don't have any popp'n going on. I just wanted to know if there was any other bennefits (throttle response)

I thought the other bypass mod or whatever was better than the marble mod? Marble mod is effectively the same as the pair REMOVAL right which is less horsepower than the actual rerouting MOD correct?

(stangme01 @ Apr. 22 2007,15:24) I thought the other bypass mod or whatever was better than the marble mod?  Marble mod is effectively the same as the pair REMOVAL right which is less horsepower than the actual rerouting MOD correct?
Not sure what your asking but the marble mod is just putting something in the line to block the flow of air from the air box to the pair valve. If you remove the pair valve you have to block that hole in the air box anyway. Some people remove the pair valve because of the weight savings and to have a little bit more room on the front side of the motor. I didnt have block off plates to cover the holes where the pair lines hook up to the block so i did the cheap and easy route and just stuck a marble in the hose going to the pair valve. I've not heard of the "bypass mod" your refering to...

you know where you are supposed to pull the line going to the airbox from the PV and then get a double male connecter and run another piece of hose to extend the PV line and connect it to the crank case or whatever? I'm just learning about this and confused a little on the different mods.

(stangme01 @ Apr. 22 2007,15:45) you know where you are supposed to pull the line going to the airbox from the PV and then get a double male connecter and run another piece of hose to extend the PV line and connect it to the crank case or whatever? I'm just learning about this and confused a little on the different mods.
You are describing the "pair / sucker mod".

It's supposed to help evacuate pressure from the crankcase. I have seen results that indicate that the "sucker" mod does not help.

Removing the pair valve does help with performance if you have a full exhaust system...

I have a 2006 busa with yosh slipons and a tre with those mods it was mapped properly with my pc3.
Two weeks ago I decided to try the marble mod so as to get rid of that slight slow mph studerring problem;well it does smooth out the studerring but now I have a rich condition and I do mean black ehust fat rich slug.
Since the marble mod I have just finished shortening my rs3 yosh cans two days ago and by shortening them it has leaned it back up abit but it is still alittle bit to rich still.
So,I was not going to do the airbox flapper mod but now I'm thinking of going ahead with it and see if that will get the bike to the proper af mixture without having to mess with different mapping trial and errors.
Most the guys are posting that the flapper mod really does not hurt you overall on the bottom but it really does help you out above 8,000rpms so thats where I wanna go for street strip setup purposes.
Oh and I forgot to mention I'm thinking of rmoving my K+N FILTER AND PUTTING IN A BMC or just go back to factory filter.I think the glaze method that is required on the K+n filter is more restrictive(less air).
See I just bought this bike a month ago and the older guy that owned it had the K+N installed previous before I bought the bike.
Just a side note I bought my bike for 9,500 with 345miles on it and its a limted 06 with the above mods allready on it.So I was happy to find this low mileage limited .Monday the dealership is switching out my silver wheels for a new set of black wheels so I'm stoked .

Back