iride

Registered
I bought the plates to remove the pair valve ,
But I left the base of the pair valve on,
Did I screw up? does not sound right.
I will double check my work this evening
2008 Busa by the way...
Mike

This mod is primarely to stop the popping on a full exhaust? No other gains other than ..correct?

What "odd" sound is it making. The pair valve puts out a deeper sound than the block off plates. (On mine anyway)

Why remove it? I mean, what is the advantage over simply blocking it off with a marble or piece of tape?

Guys that have removed the entire PAIR assembly did so to clean up the clutter (+ shed a few ounces of weight in the process)

The only reason I removed it was to clean it up a little under the tank.
I did the marble mod long time ago....
But I think I should have taken the bottom reed valve things off and then installed the plates???
Something not right,
Mike

Yes, you have to unscrew the reeds off the plates so that the new block-off plates will sit flush (the screws holding the reeds on prevent this and the plates that hold the reeds/screws are needed to seal the openings because they have the gaskets on them). There are 2 cross-tip screws holding each reed on (a total of 8 screws, 4 reeds). Each reed consists of two thin strips of metal Remove all of them. The only thing remaining should be the reed plate itself with the rubber gasket on it.

Oh, and don't jump the connector on the pair valve with a solid piece of wire...or your ECU will explode. :banghead: You need either a resistor between the wires or an adjustment to the ECU to turn the PAIR valve off. Otherwise, it will throw a code and you'll see the FI light up.

Kman
Sure wished i would have read your post a while ago..
anyway I pulled the reed valves off and put a little gasket sealer on the flat plate and the noise is gone,,,
Those reeds sure made a lot of racket, Oh I had bought a resistor off the site a while back...
Mike

I did the mod to install a second fan on my radiator because the pair valve is in the way

Okay, flaunting my ignorance yet again I know, but what is the point of the second fan? I am assuming it must have something to do with racing, because I ride in Texas heat and have never found a problem with the one that comes standard.

Okay, flaunting my ignorance yet again I know, but what is the point of the second fan? I am assuming it must have something to do with racing, because I ride in Texas heat and have never found a problem with the one that comes standard.

Nope I dont race. I did it because I found my one fan inadequate in the summer. Two fans cool the motor much more quickly

It's been too long ago but I believe the ones I got the plates simply sit right on the valve and cover it up from Schintz racing. I don't recall pulling my valve or removing them..and they sit flush...

M

Uses stock reed-valve assembly for sealing - no gasket necessary

Yeah I was right....you simply place these on top of the reed valve...

M

It looks like the plates from Schintz racing have reliefs cut into them to allow room for the reeds/screws to remain in place. Not all plates have that. Pretty nice of them though to make the install simpler.

Back