Pair valve, how does it work?

eyecandy

Registered
Can someone please explain how the PAIR valve works?

I understand that the PAIR valve connects to the air box (fresh air in), throttle body (to sense vac/press?) and the exhaust ports (fresh air into exhaust).

Is the PAIR valve always pumping air into the exhaust or only under certain conditions? If anyone can please explain how the system works in detail or has a some links explaining I would greatly appreciate it!

lurk.gif

I understand that the PAIR valve connects to the air box (fresh air in), throttle body (to sense vac/press?) and the exhaust ports (fresh air into exhaust).

Is the PAIR valve always pumping air into the exhaust or only under certain conditions? If anyone can please explain how the system works in detail or has a some links explaining I would greatly appreciate it!
Do a search for pair valve...there have been a few posts regrding this including the cheap and easy "Marble mod" (you'll see).

Just got this out of Motorcyclists Mag;

PAIR= Pulsed-AIR, an emissions system that injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to ignite unburned hydrocarbons.

Pulsed... I hope that helped.

Back