Pair Valve Removal

gsxr051

Registered
I have the stock exhaust off the bike and i have chrome exhaust tips on the stock header. Not looking forward to having back fire and fire coming out of the pipes. Do I need to remove the pair valve and block it off at the header. And do i need to do the air box mod as well?

If you are not running any cans, I'm not sure what you will get out the back of your straight pipe. But yes, throwing the pair valve in the trash and using block off's helped me wonders.

there are many ways to block off the PAIR valve but the most astetic way is with a kit from someone like Schnitz Racing . He also has plugs for your air box.

I would just do the marble mod
idea3.gif

whats the marble mod? When you run the bike with no exhaust you get lots of back fire and i want to elimnate that

can someone link me to the marble mod i been looking and cant find it. i searched it and nothing!

Marble is quicker and easier. I just did the pair while I was replacing my exhaust
beerchug.gif

well...the engine is out of the bike and i can take it off before i instal the engine already.
Should I do the small air box mod?

wondering if anyone has tried to get the marble out without cutting the tube? If a warrenty claim is made taking out the marble might be a good idea..? Also anyone know if removing the pair assembly voids any engine/bike factory warranty? I could see a dealer sticking it to me if I ever need to make a claim.

Back