Pair Valve  ??????

Did anyone see the blockoff plates that had the Kanji on them ?? How stupid , whos gonig to see that!?
biggrin.gif

when i bought my busa,an 02 grey and silver,it only had a full hindle.it back fired. this past week i did a TRE,pwr commander,airbox mod,and the pair valve removel.it all made a big difference.I also exchanged the 2 larger velocity stacks in the center of the airbox for the same size as the 2 outside ones it made a diff more top end. I also took the hose from the crankcase to the airbox off and replaced it with a small K&N filter on the crankcase,and capped off the hole on the box. the bike runs much smoother than it ever did now and the idle is rock solid no wavering like before the mods. I did similar pair mods on my 1000 and changed to smaller stacks on that bike also, thats why i did the stacks mod on the busa,because of the difference it made on the 1000. Next mod is some chrome wheels after the holidays! And than a custom map in the spring!!!
pls put that hose back on...

the PCV is to scavenge the crankcase oil.
some combustion byproducts go by the rings and into the crankcase, inc. hydrocarbons and nitrogen dioxides and carbon monoxide, etc.
these byproducts will cause your oil to go acidic if not removed.
so the hose sucks fresh air through the crankcase, and put it back through the engine to reburn the combustion byproducts, keeping your crankcase (and oil) fresher.

if you don't want the hose, start changing your oil frequently...like every 500 miles or so...
if you send a sample of used oil to a lab, they'll tell you just how acidic it got.

how did i find this out?
my bro had a 96 accord, pcv valve went bad & gummed up.
engine was toast (coked the oil, ate the metal in the engine despite 3000 mile oil changes) in 15k miles.

ok davycroc, so you're sayin all these guys are wrong for either blocking the hose with the marble or the block off plates?

NO. I believe he is talkin about the hose for the crankcase breather. Not the hose goin to the p.a.i.r.

If you do the hose to the crankcase it should do nothing to hurt the motor. Oil goes acidic no matter what you do. That's why we change it. It slowly burns and breaks down creating, if I remember correctly, sulfuric acid. If you are having enough un-burnt fuel get into the oil, then you either have piston rings going bad or valve seals not doing their jobs. The pcv valve basically allows the blow-by to return through the airbox and be burnt. If the pcv valve is gummed-up. Then you got a problem somewhere else or it's just OLD.... By putting the hose from the airbox to the crankcase, it equalizes the pressure so that the motor can turn very smoothly. Basically putting the rotating assembly in a vaccuum. And if you have taken PHYSICS, you know a vaccuum is like the perfect state for motion to occur at its peak. (E.G. drop a feather and a 1 ton weight in a vaccuum and they both hit bottom at the same time.) It allows the pistons and crank to move with a lot less effort. This, in turn, should provide extra hp. You still get to remove the blow-by but instead of it being recirculated, it is just sent out through the exhaust. Not a big loss for the hp gains it should produce.

yes you should do the reomval of the pair valve. It is a valve that pulls air out of your airbox and injects the cean air into the exhaust port so that it delutes the exaust air coming out of your bike. Leaving it will cause you to have backfire problems. It is also some unneeded weight. Not much but still unneeded weight. You will need to also get a block off kit to do it. Check this site for some more info.

http://home.tiscali.nl/hayabusaclubholland/fsj/mod_pair.html
+1

I hate to throw another log onto the fire...but...when we remove the pair, and block off the big nipple to the airbox from the pair(heres the curve ball) could we not also connect that to the crank breather with a y or t fitting so we are pulling a little more to the airbox from the crank??

Cheers,

Tony

(toastman @ Aug. 18 2007,17:30) I hate to throw another log onto the fire...but...when we remove the pair, and block off the big nipple to the airbox from the pair(heres the curve ball) could we not also connect that to the crank breather with a y or t fitting so we are pulling a little more to the airbox from the crank??

Cheers,

Tony
Yes
tounge.gif
that mod is on here somewhere too
beerchug.gif

i was told by a very good mechanic that specializes on busa racing,that the tre actually slow you down,the valve is sucking air,if you ever do a small aibox mod,you have to close up the hole that the pair vavle line runs to,you want all the air going to the engine,producing more h.p,also buy you a k&n filter.if you do this dont forget to take out the flap,an reuse it to cover up the hole in the bottom of your air box

just did mine today $18.00 shipped the door. I did not notice performace difference only no more backfire
cool.gif
,it took me about 25 mins, I did not remove the exhaust. and lost 2.5lbs but i only wiegh 140lbs so im not complaining about wieght
beerchug.gif

Ok, maybe I am asking too many questions here lately, but....

Can someone point me toward the thread which tells how to hook the PAIR valve up to the crankcase?? I had a discussion with Mr. Gadson himself, and he seemed to think this was the way to go. Since he may be doing the tuning, when I am done with the mods, I would like the bike to go to him with as little to be done as possible. Trying to save some coin and do some learning.

Thanks.

deadhorse.gif

Re: Pair Valve  ??????

hey everyone, im new to the forum and feel that its a wealth of knowlege that i definately need. my question is what mods do i need to do to my 08 busa with slip-ons? im starting to get a lil confused with what i could do to my bike to make it better. some links would help me out a bunch. thanks

hey everyone, im new to the forum and feel that its a wealth of knowlege that i definately need. my question is what mods do i need to do to my 08 busa with slip-ons? im starting to get a lil confused with what i could do to my bike to make it better. some links would help me out a bunch. thanks

Welcome! All you have to do is buy slip-ons, remove stock mufflers, and install new ones. No pair valve mod involved.

You don't need a PCIII either.

thanks, i already have the yosh rs3's installed, just wassent sure if i needed to block off the pair hose @ the airbox or if i could benifit from doing the airbox mod. has anyone used the blackout kit from hotbodiesracing.com? i got them just have to remove my tail section to install. they also have some nice bigmouth air intakes that im going to order.

it seems like a popular mod is having one exhaust. I am also hinking this would be my first mod.. I do however see people that do 4-2-1 and others doing 4-1. Is there much difference?

this night i bougth the blocks in ebay ,36$ shiped to spain
my hayabusa has an akrapovic 4-1 titanium
i will write the results soon

i do the small airbox and short stacks mod and i put a marble , i didn´t have enought time to put the blocks, and i try the marble , works great , 0 backfiring

i´m very very happy

Back