PAIR valve blockoff???

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
well, im wondering if any of you guys can tell me EXACTLY what the pair valves are and what is thier purpose , and if ANY , is there a GAIN from blocking them off........ im looking at doing the BDE kit ( if its actually worth a gain of some sort)....... thanks in advance.

Joe

Pair valve block will keep you exhaust from poping and back fire. You will not gain any real hp put the bike will run smooter.

Like NE said above, they will stop popping with a full pipe.
All they do, as far as i know, is let a little fresh air into the pipes for emission control.

smile.gif

If you get a full system do you HAVE to have the blockoffs NE? Is there any reason to get them if you have slip ons or a stock system?

If you get a full system do you HAVE to have the blockoffs NE? Is there any reason to get them if you have slip ons or a stock system?
Only a theoretical 1-2 horsepower (I doubt it) and maybe a couple pounds of weight loss (negligible). I wouldn't do it unless I done a full system.

Here's what a PAIR valve and all the lines looks like taken off...

IMG_009.jpg

If you get a full system do you HAVE to have the blockoffs NE?  Is there any reason to get them if you have slip ons or a stock system?
stock - why bother

slipons - you might need too

full system - just about garanteed,you'll need 'em.

no need to buy an' expensive block off kit , if yer fairly handy just find some thin metal,cut it, slip it under cut off stock Pair tubes.

hav a cheaper 1.....RSD.

no need to buy an' expensive block off kit , if yer fairly handy just find some thin metal,cut it, slip it under cut off stock Pair tubes.

hav a cheaper 1.....RSD.
Or, just drop a marble into the little nipple off of the airbox that feeds the hose to the PAIR valve and...

hav an even cheaper 1... BT
laugh.gif

hav a cheaper 1.....RSD.
Or, just drop a marble into the little nipple off of the airbox that feeds the hose to the PAIR valve and...

laugh.gif
STOP SHOWIN' ME UP....

you "smarter-than-me" basturd .

My way gets some weight off thou...

SO THERE....
wink.gif

hav a gluten free 1.....RSD.

hav a cheaper 1.....RSD.

laugh.gif
STOP SHOWIN' ME UP....

you "smarter-than-me" basturd .

My way gets some weight off thou...

SO THERE....
wink.gif

hav a gluten free 1.....RSD.
LOL... Sorry bro.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Do yo have to remove the header to remove the pair valve and also , by taking the pair out will it throw a CEL light?

Asked another way, does it hurt anything blocking off the PAIR valve with slip-ons?

Do yo have to remove the header to remove the pair valve and also , by taking the pair out will it throw a CEL light?
I done mine while I had the header off for my exhaust swap but I think it can be done with the header on. It'd be very tight working space though.
wink.gif

As for a check engine light after PAIR removal, nope. I haven't had one yet. Well, I did have one once but it was because I failed to reconnect some wiring after doin' the airbox mod. Not related to the PAIR.
wink.gif

wink.gif

If you get a full system do you HAVE to have the blockoffs NE?  Is there any reason to get them if you have slip ons or a stock system?
Only a theoretical 1-2 horsepower (I doubt it) and maybe a couple pounds of weight loss (negligible). I wouldn't do it unless I done a full system.

Here's what a PAIR valve and all the lines looks like taken off...
BT,

So if I purchase a block off kit, and install it, will I have to take out all that stuff in your picture?

Stoopid question: Is this the same as pair removal?

Thanks.

Back