Painting parts black

hemi

Registered
after installing my trex no-cut frame sliders i would like them better if the stems were black like i have seen a lot on here. I know most people get them powder coated, but would painting them hold up. They really aren't in contact with anything so i wouldn't think it would wear off. Think engine block paint would work pretty good

+1 on trusting rattlecan paint for small parts...clean them well and have at it

sweet, gonna pick some up this weekend and spray them, i think i have seen that stuff at home depot by me. Blanca, i thought u posted before that u had your rearsets and passenger footrests powder coated. Been wanting to do them all black but don't want to send them off to be powder coated. If this stuff is pretty durable i might just paint them all

sweet, gonna pick some up this weekend and spray them, i think i have seen that stuff at home depot by me. Blanca, i thought u posted before that u had your rearsets and passenger footrests powder coated. Been wanting to do them all black but don't want to send them off to be powder coated. If this stuff is pretty durable i might just paint them all

Just had mine powdercoated and got a good deal on it. If your worried about down time I believe TMP has an exchange system in place. I ordered mine last Friday and had them by Monday and will be sending out my set to him soon. Cool black rearsets with zero downtime. Can't beat it.

T&M has a Gen2 set of all 4 pegs already done in the classifieds for I think $110. I had my passenger pegs done by them, and the quality and service was excellent.
But +1 on Blanca's spray paint. I did the gas cap and a few other parts on my Gen2, the stuff works great.

I've been using rattlecans for years and the results are great, if you do good prep. Did the pegs on my '05, looked just like powder coating...getting ready to do the 08's!!

Yes I had Pegsets PCd . I don't think the rustoleum would hold up well to constant rubbing like PC will. Although I did spray paint my shifter and it still looks like day I did it . Only thing my foot touches though is the rubber pad on shifter though . Best just have them PCd and send it to Travis at TM . Less than a week downtime . You can make it :)

i bought a small powder coating setup from Eastwood. I powder coat everything i can. The best part is it looks awesome everytime!!! Plus the powder comes in almost every color imaginable.

pictures, pictures, please not much for reading here I like pictures and pie charts...
ok I am kidden about the pie charts

emailed travis if he still had another set of the peg sets already powdercoated. If i could do an exchange for them for $110 that would be awesome. Wish i would have found this out before

i bought a small powder coating setup from Eastwood. I powder coat everything i can. The best part is it looks awesome everytime!!! Plus the powder comes in almost every color imaginable.

That looks like a really good kit for 200 bucks...

I'm currently saving for a new exhaust system so, I think I will stick with the $5 method. If anything, I can always do a powdercoat later on down the road. Just hope it comes out as good as yours Blanca :laugh:

Back