t-trex=excellent customer service!!!

hemi

Registered
Installed the no cut trex sliders a month or so ago and was not really 100% satisfied bc the clutch side slider barely contacts the fairing. After reading kromdom's post about the sliders, his right slider was rubbing the fairing horribly and trex sent him out a new bracket/slider. I decided to email trex and ask about my slider contacting the fairing. Told him the ground out portion on the post just needed to be a little further (about 1/2") and i think it would clear the fairing perfect. Also told him that i painted the stems black, but if he is going to send a replacement i would like both sides so i can send them to travis@tmpowdercoating and have them powdercoated. Long story short, he is sending both slider assemblies with the clutch side ground a little more for $12. GREAT customer service, didn't even ask me to send a pic to see what i was talking about.

What I don't understand is everyone who has these sliders has the exact same complaint/problem with them.
When are the going to fix the issue and stop waiting for people to complain/request help for the existing problem?
That would be excellent customer service.
Also I would think altering/grinding the mounting post would compromise the integrity of the piece from it's original design?
I guess they wouldn't do it if it did because that would lead to some serious liability issues.

I love the look and ease of the no cut but was not quite convinced that they were as good or better than the cut and direct mount style.

Glad they stepped up and helped you out.
:thumbsup:

cheferman,
The original stems DO have cut-outs already to clear the fairing. IMHO, I highly doubt shaving a few more mm's to address the clearance issues will compromise the strength of the mounts (then again, I am NOT a metalurgist or engineer). Based on my phone call with them, sounds like new mounts will be shipping with new orders.

198326d1282013005-info-owners-t-rex-no-cut-frame-sliders-100_0718.jpg

im getting some put on my bike as we speak so i have to see if i need to grind down left side some so they dont touch :cheerleader:

i do remember reading that trex basically stole the design from bikebydesign, and they are not nearly as strong. Doesn't really bother me though, i think the bikebydesign no-cuts are like $250 versus $80 for the trex. That's some serious cash for frame sliders. Yes they do sometimes have a few fitment issues and i would think they would have it resolved by now, instead of people sending them back all the time to have them cut down or something. Oh well, at least they are sending me a free replacement that should fit perfectly

T-Rex should have started from scratch and made a product that fits with no issues.
Not modified the original Gen 1 version, that does not fit without issues.
I guess "You get what you pay for" applies to the T-Rex No-Cut Sliders.
Two people have had them that I ride with and they both sold them due to poor quality.
They look good, T-Rex should redesign the brackets to cure the issues.

cheferman,
The original stems DO have cut-outs already to clear the fairing. IMHO, I highly doubt shaving a few more mm's to address the clearance issues will compromise the strength of the mounts (then again, I am NOT a metalurgist or engineer). Based on my phone call with them, sounds like new mounts will be shipping with new orders.

198326d1282013005-info-owners-t-rex-no-cut-frame-sliders-100_0718.jpg

Good deal! :thumbsup:
then that is excellent CS!!!

Why are the new ones (I'm assuming the new one is on right) so much longer ?
Isnt it now gonna stick out even farther ?

Back