paint + powdercoated my GenII

RACER_X

Registered
thanks to "blanca busa" for the tip on rustoleum satin

painted the brake/clutch hand levers, swingarm bolt, engine bolt rear brake cylinder and little detail bits also painted the exhaust bracket bolt

P/C the rearsets, buell pegs, shift/brake levers, pass pegs, shift rod, the 6 big bolt heads and 2 smaller ones

now to the pics

t0lslk.jpg

16bhe37.jpg

14y1bs.jpg

28lz0o1.jpg

2zp2kbc.jpg

debating on whether to paint the throttlemeister ends and see how it holds up or P/C them. my throttlemeister on my VFR were P/C and actually wore off where my glove contacted them alot.

21e99bc.jpg

generic pic of my HID lit up

wrgn4g.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! It's the little things that set our bikes apart from one another and makes them personal :thumbsup: Nice exhaust by the way!

Looks great! It's the little things that set our bikes apart from one another and makes them personal :thumbsup: Nice exhaust by the way!

thanks

should i do the throttlemeisters?

maybe 1 day when i'm employed again, i can pony up for some gold wheels like yours.......:bowdown::please:

thanks

should i do the throttlemeisters?

maybe 1 day when i'm employed again, i can pony up for some Gold wheels like yours.......:bowdown::please:

You could get the Throttlemeisters powdercoated...would match the look of the rest of the bike a 'lil better IMO. I have the black bar ended ones myself. But it's really not that noticeable.

Last edited:
dude...check to make sure that paint is solvent/ gasoline /oil proof...

dude...check to make sure that paint is solvent/ gasoline /oil proof...

the powdercoat stuff def. is, the painted stuff is like pins and the biggest things are the brake/clutch levers. if the paint comes off i can redo it easily.

the swingarm and engine bolt are going anywhere, nor are they wear items.

think i'm gonna paint all the bolt heads today.

at home w/ kids, wife at work, weathers nice, wanna be outside.

Once it properly cures it will be very very hard.
Of course any solvent like gas or the like will soften and take it off but you would have to soak it in to do that.
That stuff is tuff.
Like I said once it gets to the point where you can't smell paint when you give it the sniff test it's hard !

That looks great !
It came out beautiful.
Looks like you did rear master cyclinder as well .
That one thing changed from white to black changes the whole side of the bike .

jmo

Siskel and Ebert.......:thumbsup:

ps......a black sharpie marker works great on the rotor bolts !
yes I said sharpie marker. Hit it once let it dry then again and again and the heads will be black and last.
I used sharpie on them so I didn't have to take them out.
I have had people ask me where I got the anodized rotor bolts !?
It gives them a nice liquid black look .
Sounds silly but works like a charm and after six months still looks perfect.
I'll post a few picks for you later.

Last edited:
Back