Painted my windscreen!

So I had the winscreen out to install the 3BR Powersports USB plug and while I had it out, I thought what the heck :idea:, I'm gonna paint the sucker...

Hey, great look on the screen, man. Brings the bike out even more, IMO.

I hate to deviate from the subject of the thread, but I'm interested in the USB plug install.

Was wondering if you can post a pic, of where/how you have it attached to the bike. I've just installed, a Ram-Mount for my phone, but I don't have any power to it yet. The USB plug looks like, what I need.

I'm a stickler for appearances, & hate wires, just dangling, from places. A neat install is what I look for.

Thanks.

Check out the thread I posted in the touring section, that shows a little more of it. The usb is from 3BR Powersports and I used the Boost by Smith accessory harness to wire it to switched power. Very clean install. Check out the shorty cable for the Gps too, neat stuff they got over there!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

I painted mine this summer and people noticed it immediately... Macon454 commented within the first 5 minutes that he saw it at the track. It really set the bike off..

You can also get clear paint and mix black until you get a specific semi-transparent black.

How do you see where youre going? LoL. I like having windscreens I can see out of on my street bikes. Show bikes are a different story.

How do you see where youre going? LoL. I like having windscreens I can see out of on my street bikes. Show bikes are a different story.

I look through my helmet using my eyes to see where I'm going.. :poke:

You aren't one of those guys that lays down on the bike doing 70mph on the freeway are you?? ???

Last question... What's a show bike? I've owned quite a few slow bikes, is that what you mean. Never one so slow that I never wanted to ride it, just put money into it to trailer it around. Just me though... :lol:

Different strokes for different folks.

i look through my helmet using my eyes to see where i'm going.. :poke:

you aren't one of those guys that lays down on the bike doing 70mph on the freeway are you?? ???

Last question... What's a show bike? I've owned quite a few slow bikes, is that what you mean. Never one so slow that i never wanted to ride it, just put money into it to trailer it around. Just me though... :lol:

Different strokes for different folks.

ha ha ha. NO, But when I'm doing 150+ it's nice to hide behind something and not have your helmet rip your neck back. I'm all for functionality over looks. A painted windscreen is like limo tint on cars windshield. It would be acceptable on a SHOW bike because rarely if at all will it see speeds high enough to where you should be hiding behind the windscreen. As you said... Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
Half the fun of doing 150mph is trying to hold on! I don't need no stinkin' windshield :rofl:

Honestly though, I'd rather not even try to tuck down that far. That's so uncomfortable for me I'd rather brave the wind beating. I haven't looked through a windshield since the last time I rode my neighbors Harley! :laugh:

Back