paint or powdercoat rear sets

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all, I pulled my rear sets off to send to the powdercoater. It doesnt look like I can pull the little rubber things out, so now I am afraid to get it powdercoated because the rubber cant withstand the baking. So, can I get them painted?

Have them press out the rubber bushings, you will be glad you went the Powder Coating route. Paint will flake off over time and look bad....

i powerdered mine black with orange hardware. ill try to remember to put up a pic when i get home. looks good

My powdercoater (Goodhues in NH) did the job with the rubber bushings left in. Not even a scuff mark after one season. Ask your powdercoater if you can leave them in or not.

They come out. Putting them back in is even more fun. I just use a screwdriver or fat allen wrench to get under the lip and start it through and they just fall right out.

Last edited:
Powdercoat 'em. You can get the bushings out pretty easy. If nothing else put a socket over them and punch them out.

a powder coat finish is so much more durable than paint. If you don't have a passenger often on the back then you could get away with paint. Either way you'll want to get the rubber grommet out.

Back