How to remove the rear sets

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
hey all I am trying to figure out how to remove the rear sets. Do I have to pull the entire rear fairing off to get to the screws?

ok, can someone please point me in the right direction on instructions\tips to remove the cowl?

Go to Busanation.com or Extremebusa.com and they have the shop manual hosted from there sites it may be here as well just do a search brotha man.

yup, they've got them locktite'd on there really good. Just take your time and you'll be able to get them off.

Dont let these guys scare you, Rear tail comes off fairly easy. Take out the push pins from under the rear, Remove your rear seat or cowl, Remove the 6 bolts under there, I beleive 2 are phillips head and the other 4 socket. Remove the 2 push pins holding the center brace, you should be able to get it off without to much problem, a little twist here and there.

Now as for the Rear sets, Ohhhhh Yeah there gonna be tight.

Dont let these guys scare you, Rear tail comes off fairly easy. Take out the push pins from under the rear, Remove your rear seat or cowl, Remove the 6 bolts under there, I beleive 2 are phillips head and the other 4 socket. Remove the 2 push pins holding the center brace, you should be able to get it off without to much problem, a little twist here and there.

Now as for the Rear sets, Ohhhhh Yeah there gonna be tight.

hah thank you so much.. and you were right, the rear sets, oh my gosh I almost broke my back getting them loose... and that initial "snap" that goes through your spine when each screw finally breaks loose...hah by the last screw I was timid... but you know... its all off now!!

hah thank you so much.. and you were right, the rear sets, oh my gosh I almost broke my back getting them loose... and that initial "snap" that goes through your spine when each screw finally breaks loose...hah by the last screw I was timid... but you know... its all off now!!

Congrats. :cheerleader:

I remember when I pulled mine, When that first bolt finally broke loose I was praying it wasnt the bolt head snapping off, and I think I had that same feeling on all of them.

you better be glad them suckers had locktite. i had i near oops one day when i learned my rear subframe bolts where about one thread from falling out. have no idea how but they just backed alone so i put some locktite on there

Back