Paint Job Needed

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
Hi All,

well I have decided I want to go ahead and get the bike painted. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of paint and how many coats? I think I will just get a solid deep midnight blue house of Kolor paint (Dark Dark Blue, almost black) but if anyone has ever visited that site you know their are a million different combinations. Any true professional painters you can recommend I would really appreciate it.
Also what type of paint is recommended and what type of clear? How many coats? Recommended Base coats?
I either would like a deep midnight blue or a color similiar to Pat Deitrichs bike (some might remember his Candy Brandywine color bike he has/had.)

Thanks Guys.

I found his bike, promise not to copy the paint job from ya:)

post_6_59717_candybusa_06.jpg

House of Kolor paint if you can afford it,or use PPG as a substitute,have it sanded between coats of clear for that deep shine and at least $3-5 coats of clear.Try and use a silver or gold base.I would say CreekBoy or I have a custom painter in IL that will hook you the F&^% up for about $2000 with some fire....

House of Kolor paint if you can afford it,or use PPG as a substitute,have it sanded between coats of clear for that deep shine and at least $3-5 coats of clear.Try and use a silver or gold base.I would say CreekBoy or I have a custom painter in IL that will hook you the F&^% up for about $2000 with some fire....
I figure it would be up there in price, maybe Creekboy can do it right for me with a decent price for the both of us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,CreekBoy let me know if you have time to give me a good estimate. PM me and we can talk about details and costs.

All I really want is a good job and a decent price. Something less then all brand new plastic/tank which is about 2500.00 from Ron Ayers.

I found his bike, promise not to copy the paint job from ya:)
Thats one of the pretiest most tastful custom paint job I have seen on a Busa.
I agree, but his bike is built up with a 1397 kit to boot.
I am just needing to get my bike fixed before spring and with the condition it is in now it is just depressing. I thought maybe I could buff out the scratches but the "rub marks" is past the clear coat. I would just wrap everything in cotton blankets and send it off, hoping and praying it comes back new again.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138405617 -->

Creekboy will do ya right! I have seen pics of his work, and he does a damn good job! He has fair prices too from what I hear, and he can paint dang near anything!

Back