Paint color

Do you want a better paint job?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rbnjr

Registered
Hi, i really love the hayabusa. i just have to get that out. it does everything i hoped for. but i feel the paint design and placement of the colors are just tooo busy for me. so i really have to do something about it. the 08 model comes closer to what i want. but not quite.. so i have the 04 model complete with all the busyness. i do know that paint costs $1k minimum. but the upgrade to the 08 that is not much better paint is just not worth it. you see, gen I bikes have lots of power and features for me. this has really been bothering me since i first saw the beast. so im looking for a painter that's local to me so i can drop off the plastic myself. i plan to ride it this year with all my mods and in the fall strip it and spend the winter having it painted and the following spring ride it with new color.

anybody tried this with good results? please post any images you have as i need all the idea's i can get..

thanks much!!

Im still stock ( For Now )

Love the Burgandy Color

But someone will post there pics

I have a solid blue 07, but I would love to goto a dark met.(navy) blue with silver Shelby Super Snake stripes.:thumbsup:

when i got mine in october(ish)
busa.jpg

two weeks later i tore it down and repainted it. i hated the color scheme and i cant leave anything alone.

showing the color. its come stock on chryslers.
busa013.jpg

prior to kanji being put back on
thanksgiving08044.jpg

as it sits now
us217.jpg

I have though about redoing it in blue or a white pearl.

I'm a painter by trade.

now that is what im talking about, clean clean clean. very nice job!!
how much do you want to do mine?

Thats nice but my 04le is a pearl red that I love but some ghost Flames and skulls would be nice in Black over the top!!!:laugh:

I like the color combo that I have you don't see it around that much. 2000 burgundy and charcoal gray.

Busa-1.jpg

that paint job looks great, really expensive i bet!:whistle:
revolution can do it for about 2 grand.... mine was done for free by a really good friend, who also happens to be the guy who painted the spider man cigarette boat for the Miami vise movie...he was building a portfolio at the time, took him 6 weeks nights and weekends....
I think revolution can do a better job though, I was lucky to have had such a nice friend....

Rbnjr, I know what you mean about the busy paint jobs, but some people want even busier paint jobs - look at all the custom bikes.

As for me, I really like the simple / subtle treatment of the 2007 models and the earlier "Limited Editions." As Demmym will tell you, the burgundy is the fastest color, which I have already proven is true with scientific citation elsewhere.

With all that said, if I could choose one paint job from the past, it would be the original Copper and Silver paint. What a classy look.

Rbnjr, I know what you mean about the busy paint jobs, but some people want even busier paint jobs - look at all the custom bikes.

As for me, I really like the simple / subtle treatment of the 2007 models and the earlier "Limited Editions." As Demmym will tell you, the burgundy is the fastest color, which I have already proven is true with scientific citation elsewhere.

With all that said, if I could choose one paint job from the past, it would be the original Copper and Silver paint. What a classy look.
mine to is candy sonoma red 2007 and like Demmym I too have spikes!...but i also have skulls and flames, so im faster then him and AJAY

did i forget to mention my PASS button wired up to my NOS...? LOL

Last edited:
I agree w/ you, not big on all the stripes, etc. that is why I wanted a 2000 blue/silver.

LEAKEY21.jpg

Back