Owning ecu editor/ basic tuning knowledge

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
So for the price of buying boost by smith ecu editor interface or Woolwich interface, you could have 2 flashes done or maybe one dyno tune completed

Well...(not that its a big deal)...what if you wanted to change something...there goes another trip to the tuner and a couple hundred dollars...ehh oh well

I'm thinking about getting ecu editor for myself, woolich seems to lack some compared to ecu editor but is more user friendly...seen a couple videos and it seems simple enough, that is, before getting into timing and fuel tables of course, and even that doesn't seem to bad, but who owns a dynojet table lol

Honestly, I think it would be nice if I took some pics and posted instructions on how to use and do some of the basic flashing mods for my fellow do it yourselfers like myself! Don't think its been done here

As always, I like to hear from the org as well
To add...does anyone know below

#1 steps, parts needed after flash to complete engine kill operation
#2 steps, parts needed after flash to complete shift light operation

Any advice...thank you :super: :banana::beerchug::race:

I use ECU editor on my Pro Street bike. It works well with the functions that are available. HOWEVER, and it is a big HOWEVER. There is one con to the ECU editor (aside from some advanced tuning items). Once you make a change, it takes quite a bit to flash the bike (duration wise). So if you are doing a bunch of tuning changes in one session, you will need to keep the bike hooked up to a power source as the battery will drain if do frequent flashes in one session. May have to have a couple batteries available to switch out depending on how exact you are trying to get with everything. If you don't you will begin to get alarms that the flash didn't take and even to the point where the ECU may shut down half way through a flash, which makes getting things going again interesting. Just my opinion, but something to think about.

I use ECU editor on my Pro Street bike. It works well with the functions that are available. HOWEVER, and it is a big HOWEVER. There is one con to the ECU editor (aside from some advanced tuning items). Once you make a change, it takes quite a bit to flash the bike (duration wise). So if you are doing a bunch of tuning changes in one session, you will need to keep the bike hooked up to a power source as the battery will drain if do frequent flashes in one session. May have to have a couple batteries available to switch out depending on how exact you are trying to get with everything. If you don't you will begin to get alarms that the flash didn't take and even to the point where the ECU may shut down half way through a flash, which makes getting things going again interesting. Just my opinion, but something to think about.
Wow, its said you learn something new everyday, this definitely fits the bill for me :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Thanks for the info...powerhouse will be getting my ecu pretty soon, then a trip to the local tuner

Decided there's no need for me to try and "reinvent the wheel" so to speak...as Mr.brown would say lol

Back