OVER HEATING WITHOUT INDACATION

bikeless

Registered
AAAssjani.gif
I HAVE A 2002 BUSA AND I SWEAR IT'S IN HEAT. THE TEMP GAGE DOESN'T RISE BUT IT FEELS LIKE IT'S OVER HEATING. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP.

THANKS
biggrin.gif

I had a highly modified Yamaha XS-11 that I drag raced, it seemed so hot on canyon rides that I bought an oil temp guage and mounted it on the oil line INCOMING to the oil cooler.....I learned the temp was perfect even when flogged! Anyways, that's one way to be sure. Raydog

Rode today and really felt the heat rising they get real
hot in the summer but watch the gauge and listen for
fan and all should be o/k
beerchug.gif

(bikeless @ Jul. 14 2007,23:15)
AAAssjani.gif
 I HAVE A 2002 BUSA AND I SWEAR IT'S IN HEAT. THE TEMP GAGE DOESN'T RISE BUT IT FEELS LIKE IT'S OVER HEATING.  IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP.

THANKS
biggrin.gif
Welcome to the Org... Got a chuckle out of your Org Identity "Bikeless", seeing how you have a 02 Busa! As already discussed the Busa can run pretty hot, not to be alarmed this is pretty normal stuff. Just keep an eye out for the obvious signs of to much heat. Smell of radiator fluid, strange noise coming from the engine, or anything that just doesn't seem right to you! Post up any concern you may have here. I promise you'll get the answers to your questions........  
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

And out here, if your in a crosswind, your down wind leg will really feel the  
firedevil.gif
. Not as bad as some bikes I've had, but still not a cool summer ride either ! SPEED does help though to keep the Heat Down  
AAAssjani.gif
. That's why I don't do around the town, stop and go riding  
super.gif

I have had bikes that you did the Latin two step  
ukliam3.gif
at ALL stop lights ! Busa is much better  
biggrin.gif

You actually should be able to rely on the temp gauge. On the other hand, if you REALLY think you have issues, change the coolant and move on. Actually, you should probably change it out every two years anyway.

Happy riding!

--Wag--

Yep. When the outside temp gets hot, prepare to have your legs roasted if your not at an illegal speed.

(bikeless @ Jul. 14 2007,21:15)
AAAssjani.gif
I HAVE A 2002 BUSA AND I SWEAR IT'S IN HEAT. THE TEMP GAGE DOESN'T RISE BUT IT FEELS LIKE IT'S OVER HEATING. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP.

THANKS
biggrin.gif
Read my post in this thread!

(bikeless @ Jul. 14 2007,21:15)
AAAssjani.gif
 I HAVE A 2002 BUSA AND I SWEAR IT'S IN HEAT. THE TEMP GAGE DOESN'T RISE BUT IT FEELS LIKE IT'S OVER HEATING.  IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP.

THANKS
biggrin.gif
Just to be 100% clear.  You do get some indication from the temp. gauge?  The gauge shows it coming up to operating temp, right?

What do you mean by: "IT FEELS LIKE IT'S OVER HEATING. "?

Karl

PS-We can hear you just fine.
wink.gif

PPS-What color '02? Got pics? We love pics here. Welcome to the board!
beerchug.gif

Stop wearing shorts. Pants shield your legs from the heat.

Back