Over heating, stalling ! 99 busa

99busaq8

Registered
hi,
could anyone help with this problem i'm having... !
my bike starts overheatig at red lights and when i'm waiting in traffic..
my fan works, i just replaced all the scensors.. flushed the radiator.
i dunno whats the prob!?!?

and some times when it gets hot outside, i floor the throttle and the bike just stalls at 5X rpm.. then the bike starts stuttering.. yesterday it just shut off while i was driving ! anyone experienced this before??

i've cleaned the carbs, changed the oil, coolent, plugs, wires, K&N filter.. its just not helping..

my thought is it wasnt getting enough air to breath.. any solutions??:please:

thanx

- biker from kuwait.................

Sounds like a air bubble, in the cooling system!

With the radiator full, tilt the bike left and right several times. If the level in the radiator goes down any, chances are you burped an air bubble out of it. I found the tilting was easier sitting on the bike.

Perhaps it's that Kuwait heat! :-) Maybe try the 2nd cooling fan mod?

I was thinking of that.. it does get to be 120 fehrenhiet in day and aroun 105 at night..... i'm hoping its just the heat so in winter i can enjoy my bike.. but i'm afraid its something worse... thats why i was asking.. cuz my friend has an 01 and it never heats up... so maybe its just the 99.. and after that Suzuki solved something in the later models...........???

I dont think it has anything to do with the year model. When did it start doing this? What changed to make this happen?

this was going on since i bought the bike.. and i've changed almost everything but the engine... complete tune up and everything.. I dont recall changing the fuel pump itself but i have changed all the hoses and gaskets.. and it doesnt happen alot.. just sometimes for no reason ! if it was the fuel pump it be doing it every time i rode.. but it doesnt.. :S so i'm stumped..

hey whats up q8. glad to see ya registered okay. Welcome to the org again.:beerchug:

Now you might try new fuel filter and having the fuel pump prof. cleaned. Mine did similar thing and my filter was pretty dirty as well as the pump. It doesnt do it anymore. I'd try these cheaper options first.:beerchug:

thanks 99 ;)
i guess when i get it Dyno'd i'll clean the pump.. or replace..
hope it works.. cross ur fingers :race:

could be the radiator is plugged up.. not sure if they can do much except replace the things but at 9 years old, I would bet it could be an issue..

hmmm ! thanx so much.. i was suspecting the radiator since it only has 15K miles on the bike.. so its been parked alot and could be dirty and grimy inside... too bad i have to replace ! but i think i will replace the thermostat and check the water pump for now.. !

boy I love this Forum !!!
you guys are a g8 help :thumbsup:

okkkkkk so 3 weeks later.. same problems.. changed all cooling sensors..fan..radiator flush... found a burnt wire ! .. cleaned fuel pump.. checked all hoses.. still no answer... the bike keeps diying out on me while driving...

This sucks.. I need an 08.............. urghghghgh:poke:

Back