Over 50,000 miles in less than 2 years (pics)

Wow that's alot of riding in 2 years.. Congrats and in MaryLand holy crap Congrats again.. :bowdown:

Thanks again, everyone. I really appreciate it. We'll see if I can reach my main goal of putting 100,000 miles in 3 years.

Wow that's alot of riding in 2 years.. Congrats and in MaryLand holy crap Congrats again.. :bowdown:

My secret is riding for atleast 100 miles between 4:00 and 6:00 am weather permitting. Even in winter time, I still go out as long as the roads are clear. I've been out there when the temperature's in the 20's without heated gear. I just use those Hot Hands all over my upper body. I wish I can ride in the afternoons but with 2 kids and their activities, it's just not possible.

My secret is riding for atleast 100 miles between 4:00 and 6:00 am weather permitting. Even in winter time, I still go out as long as the roads are clear. I've been out there when the temperature's in the 20's without heated gear. I just use those Hot Hands all over my upper body. I wish I can ride in the afternoons but with 2 kids and their activities, it's just not possible.

Dedication.. :bowdown:

Thanks, Scar. It sure is a joy riding a 'busa. I'm loving every minute of it. It's also a plus to have a guy like Greg to keep her in mint condition.

Hi Sleeper. Who is Greg, if you don't mind? I'm looking for a mechanic who won't beat up my bike everytime I take her in!! :cussing:

Sleeper - would you mind listing what you have had done to the bike in the 50k miles....> might be interesting to those of us not there yet.

Sleeper - would you mind listing what you have had done to the bike in the 50k miles....> might be interesting to those of us not there yet.

I'll list the ones I remember. They are as follows:
cush drive at around 30,000+ miles
fork seals the same time as the cush drive
break pads
K&N air filter
new clutch at 48,000+ miles. not worn all the way but since Greg did a major service last month, I decided to get it.
the rest is normal wear and tear like the plugs, oil change with Mobil 1 full synthetic
valve adjustment, etc.
I hope Greg will chime in to tell you the rest. I never really had any issues with the bike like breaking down or something. Can't recall how many sets of tires I've had. All I remember is that I switched to the Storms when she had 16,100 miles on her and have been using the same brand ever since. They really fit my riding style which is mostly highway.
I forgot to mention yesterday that I did 469 miles that morning. I just can't stay out all day because my son had an appointment with the eye doctor at 2:30. If he didn't, I would have done another one of those 15 hour rides because my daughter is still with her grandma and my wife was at work. I really love riding this bike. I can't get enough as you can see. I'll be out there again tomorrow between 4:00 and 6:00 am. Again, thank you all for the compliments. Be safe out there.

Jesse

Last edited:
break pads
K&N air filter
new clutch at 48,000+ miles. not worn all the way but since Greg did a major service last month, I decided to get it.
the rest is normal wear and tear like the plugs, oil change with Mobil 1 full synthetic
valve adjustment, etc.
I hope Greg will chime in to tell you the rest. I never really had any issues with the bike like breaking down or something. Can't recall how many sets of tires I've had. All I remember is that I switched to the Storms when she had 16,100 miles on her and have been using the same brand ever since. They really fit my riding style which is mostly highway.
I forgot to mention yesterday that I did 469 miles that morning. I just can't stay out all day because my son had an appointment with the eye doctor at 2:30. If he didn't, I would have done another one of those 15 hour rides because my daughter is still with her grandma and my wife was at work. I really love riding this bike. I can't get enough as you can see. I'll be out there again tomorrow between 4:00 and 6:00 am. Again, thank you all for the compliments. Be safe out there.

Jesse

Wow, a true testament as to the robustness of the Suzuki design and engineering!
I am amazed at how little you actually had to replace and adjust, simply amazed.
Thanks for the follow up, as it puts a dot on the end of the sentence.
Bubba

Wow, a true testament as to the robustness of the Suzuki design and engineering!
I am amazed at how little you actually had to replace and adjust, simply amazed.
Thanks for the follow up, as it puts a dot on the end of the sentence.
Bubba

I think the key is keeping it well-maintained. I mean service and keeping it clean. I don't skip on the services needed. I don't want to take chances. When I get a chance, I will take pictures of her so you can see that she still looks like new.

I think the key is keeping it well-maintained. I mean service and keeping it clean. I don't skip on the services needed. I don't want to take chances. When I get a chance, I will take pictures of her so you can see that she still looks like new.

I am the same way with my DOT, I not only take her in regularly to the dealership and have the scheduled maintenance done (by a trained mechanic) but I also keep her clean daily and do the checklist of little things like tire pressure and chain lube and adjustments as needed.
That said, I must also say that this keeps me in tune with the bike and gives me the confidence to ride without question as to its operation.

Please post the pics of your bike, because you know I just hate pics:laugh:
Thanks for the ear.
Bubba

break pads
K&N air filter
valve adjustment, etc.

Jesse

You covered it all Bud! :beerchug:

Back