How I racked up 50,000+ miles in less than 2 years (pics)

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Just want to share with you guys how I got there in less than two years. Here's the time I left the house this morning.
3824239560_83d16fa074_b.jpg

Below is the time I got back and the total number of miles. I have to be at work at 7:30 everyday that's why I come home between 6:30 and 7:00 so I have time to eat breakfast and all that. I try to do this every morning (weather permitting, of course)including Sundays because I just can't go out in the afternoons and weekends....too busy with the kids, gym, etc. By the way, I do this during winter time, too. She's now 75 miles away from 51,000. By tomorrow, she will have over 51,000 miles. I put a little over 1,000 miles on her this week alone. Anyway, I just wanted to share.
3823440287_34b91fe72e_b.jpg

Last edited:
You lucky dog. 161 mile round trip to work everyday. Let me guess you live 5 miles from work too :laugh:

Oh I see, a little joy ride every morning. Pretty cool :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You lucky dog. 161 mile round trip to work everyday. Let me guess you live 5 miles from work too :laugh:

Oh I see, a little joy ride every morning. Pretty cool :thumbsup:
It's 3.7 miles to be exact.
The number of miles depends on how the traffic is in the morning. I wish I can commute to work. The reason I don't is because it will take me longer to warm up the bike, and to put all my gears on than the ride. I can get to work in less than 10 minutes that's why I don't bother.

Last edited:
I hear you.My drive is only 5.5 miles and takes less than 10 min. I come home from work and get one of the bikes out for a hour to hour n half before my wife and daughter get home daily as long as the weather agrees.Have to have family time,they come first.

I hear you.My drive is only 5.5 miles and takes less than 10 min. I come home from work and get one of the bikes out for a hour to hour n half before my wife and daughter get home daily as long as the weather agrees.Have to have family time,they come first.
Yeah, bro. Family first. The kids have so many things going on like karate class, piano lesson, etc. On weekends, there's church, household chores, yard work, etc. Like I've mentioned on here before, if I don't go out in the mornings, I won't have a chance at all.

Back