Oring Cylinder Block

gsxrdan2

Registered
JUst wondering everyone's thoughts on this setup. I got it in a deal but have no idea how well it works. I was wondering what it would hold with 10mm studs.Thanks in advance guys.
o ring block.JPG

I guess if the block and head surfaces are well prepped and straight it will seal with 70ft-lb as well as 90ft-lbs.

I asked Richard Peppler about whether he oringed the block for his pro street and he talked to some builders, most PST builders weren't doing and my builder who does Sprout's PST doesn't so we didn't think it was that important. Not that I would run 600hp. Dobrin however thinks anything over 15psi needs it.

I like the promod studs myself, but always leave it as an option for extra assurance.

Orings I like to use them, specially on bigger bore high boost stuff.

I like the promod studs myself, but always leave it as an option for extra assurance.

Orings I like to use them, specially on bigger bore high boost stuff.
Do you always use 1/2" stuff???I have no experience with oring blocks at all.I was told to use it with a regular head gasket. Not sure if I should use it or not.

Do you always use 1/2" stuff???I have no experience with oring blocks at all.I was told to use it with a regular head gasket. Not sure if I should use it or not.

Pro mods are the 10mm studs. And I've only build a hand full of engines with the 1/2" stuff.

Regular head gasket is fine. The oring is simply a way to clamp the head gasket down more.

Pro mods are the 10mm studs. And I've only build a hand full of engines with the 1/2" stuff.

Regular head gasket is fine. The oring is simply a way to clamp the head gasket down more.
How much have you pushed the 10mm stud and oring setup to??? Less than 500 rwhp???

Last edited:
Back