10 psi on stock motor

URPREY

Registered
I was just wondering if anyone is running around 10 psi boost, with a stock motor, and what the fuel map looks like. If you have a similar setup or ideas please share thoughts. This should put you in the 290 hp range. although 275 is what i'm shooting for.

showoff1.JPG

Hey john; glad to see it,s running good for you. I don,t know how high you can boost with that map chris thought maybe 8 psi but you go over 7 or 8 on stock comprestion motor it better have water inj and race gas like I said when we talked mine was at 7 and I cooked it I know that was before I had it mapped but still 6-7 psi is all you should push a stock motor with stock comprestion. give me a call we can go over some stuff that may help

good lookin' out dave, I haven't been able to test my setup due to weather conditions here in the northeast, but the one time i did get it out it appeared to have at least 8 psi boost, however the guage was a bit shaky and I had to get out of it because of traffic, not a good test, however fuel pressure was at least 80 if not more, but again because of traffic could not top out either way, should've stayed out until i got the answers, but had plans.  now i'll wait another week just to see the roads clear up, anyway yeah it runs absolutely awesome, I just want to make sure i don't blow it, I only planned for 6 psi, but if it'll run 8 then I'll need to adjust, I think the motor will hold if you give it enough fuel.  at least for a season.  and if not i'll build a better motor cause i'm totally addicted now.
all_coholic.gif
 ps, i'm retarded 8 degrees on top end, I was told that will help.  I could be wrong but as of right now the bike scares the **** out of me so I guess i got what I asked for.

ps ps, thought i'd get more hits because even I know 10 psi on stock motor is just asking for trouble, lol.

Hey john somebody would have to pay me real good to move back east. I road to work every day this wek except for friday it rained when I e-mailed you earlyer I just got in it was a little cold but what the hell the sun was out and it was nice rideing bike realy hauls ass when it,s cold. just have to watch those wheelies down the interstate didn,t you say you had the PC3r you could pull timing when in boost but it will be safer to back down the boost to 6 psi you can do this by adjusting the rod on the wastgate actuator. just want to see you get in some rideing time and not be working on it all the time it WILL PISS YOU OFF I know it did me and it ended up costing me a G_D fortune. Keep the shiny side up and go FAST

Yep, I gotta move back to the south, and yep I talked to the guy at FAST and he said to bend the actuator away from the turbo a little and it would put less pressure on the rod, so I'll do that after I get one decent test ride in. Thanks again

a buddy runs 10lbs at the strip. Thats only for 1/4 mile at a time and he runs race gas all the time.

I run 7 lbs with water inj and 92 pump all the time.

Lean for pump gas, may be ok if its racefuel , still too lean from 10k whatever the fuel,
hp & tq look good to me , i think its boost creeping a little as the torque doesn't drop off .

decent numbers. I pulled like 265hp and 150 tq or something with a 7lb spring on a stock motor.

(dnjinoz @ Mar. 27 2007,18:02) Does this look like good #'s for 9lbs. of boost on a stock motor?
good hp and torque, what's your boosted fuel pressure? any room to fatten it up?

If I remember right it was around 80-85 psi.? I got to excited to remember much after seeing 277! Tuner said to get a shift light and set it for 10,000-10,200 to be safe. This was on 92 octane pump gas. Will running race fuel help with the "being safe"

(dnjinoz @ Mar. 29 2007,22:10) If I remember right it was around 80-85 psi.? I got to excited to remember much after seeing 277! Tuner said to get a shift light and set it for 10,000-10,200 to be safe. This was on 92 octane pump gas. Will running race fuel help with the "being safe"
I don't have any personal experience with a setup like yours but from everything I have read, you need to run race gas to be safe if you're going to be much over 6-7 psi stock compression, non intercooled and no water injection.

(dnjinoz @ Mar. 29 2007,20:10) If I remember right it was around 80-85 psi.? I got to excited to remember much after seeing 277! Tuner said to get a shift light and set it for 10,000-10,200 to be safe. This was on 92 octane pump gas. Will running race fuel help with the "being safe"
If your engine has stock compression, It will not even live with race gas. On 93, you need to keep it below 6psi with stock compression without water injection. And you can go to about 8 psi with race gas, or water injection. 277 on pump gas with stock compression will not live. I also think you have boost creep. Barry

Yeah 9 is a little more than I was expecting so it will go down to around 6-7. I'm sure that will only be for a little while and then the wallet will have to open again for more.
smile.gif

(dnjinoz @ Apr. 03 2007,14:42) Yeah 9 is a little more than I was expecting so it will go down to around 6-7. I'm sure that will only be for a little while and then the wallet will have to open again for more.
smile.gif
iamwithstupid.gif

yeah I agree, better safe than not riding because you blew your motor.
biggrin.gif

(URPREY @ Apr. 03 2007,15:29)
(dnjinoz @ Apr. 03 2007,14:42) Yeah 9 is a little more than I was expecting so it will go down to around 6-7. I'm sure that will only be for a little while and then the wallet will have to open again for more.
smile.gif
iamwithstupid.gif

yeah I agree, better safe than not riding because you blew your motor.  
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

That's how the turbo came about, I trashed a crank bearing and then went with the turbo. So hell yeah I don't want to do it again.

nice I've always wanted to get mine done.

i just watched a ghetto kit get dynoed at motorheads, stock compression, it made 294hp on 110 with a full pipe, and s2000 injectors. it's all in the tune and whos tuning it

yeah but he had s2000s. We are talking stock injectors.... stock injectors are pretty maxed at around 7-8 psi. I even get an overduty cycle error at times when running at the strip with 7 psi.

Back