Horsepower is the limit, not psi correct?

nabusa

Registered
I have been searching about what the stock Gen2 motor can take. The turbo kits I see all state 4psi max. That is a pretty broad statement since every motor is different and 4psi on X turbo is completely different from 4psi on Y turbo. Psi isn't the limiting factor for a stock motor, it's horsepower unless the busa motor is special that psi is a factor. Anyone shed some light in my direction please? Is the only reason no one goes past 230hp is due to the compression ratio?

I have been searching about what the stock Gen2 motor can take. The turbo kits I see all state 4psi max. That is a pretty broad statement since every motor is different and 4psi on X turbo is completely different from 4psi on Y turbo. Psi isn't the limiting factor for a stock motor, it's horsepower unless the busa motor is special that psi is a factor. Anyone shed some light in my direction please? Is the only reason no one goes past 230hp is due to the compression ratio?

In the case of the Gen 2, it is not only the high compression, but the stock 20 pound valve springs that limit boost. Turn the boost up and the stock valve springs will cause big problems. The Gen 2's titanium valves should be trashed also when it comes to turbo applications . . .:rulez:

After the valves are swaped to a different material what is a safe psi boost?

After the valves are swaped to a different material what is a safe psi boost?

After the valves and valve springs have been changed, you are limited first by your fuel and second by your motor build. Stock Gen 1 valves with heavy duty springs will go well over 600 rear wheel with the right motor under the cylinder head . . .

After the valves and valve springs have been changed, you are limited first by your fuel and second by your motor build. Stock Gen 1 valves with heavy duty springs will go well over 600 rear wheel with the right motor under the cylinder head . . .

Are the valves the same size for both motors?

Velocity? Leave it, get an RCC, the owner is a.member here and powerhouse can hook ya up with a good deal.

Droid via Tapatalk

+1 RCC I agree I am in Afghan right and shot Richard an email. He gave me a military discount, I am just waiting on my re-enlistment bonus to hit.

Back