Cylinder Block

Haya01B

Registered
I was looking at the block for the 08 busa and saw that the block has U shaped cut outs on the cylinders. Something about releasing pressure. I was just wondering how much does it limit the capability of stroking the crank past the current 2mil? If anyone has an answer please share.

I don't know the answer but I do know that stroking and boring are two different things. If I remember correctly the new mill is stroked 2 mil and that's how they got the 1340 out of it. Boring it will up the displacement as well, and it probably can be bored like the old mill. The biggest thing will be maintaining the correct compression ratios.

The reason I ask is on dragbike.com back when the busa was being tested by Brock he had a picture of the block and stated that the cut outs may restrict how much more stroke can be accomplished.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

m_Cylinder.jpg

The only way to know is if someone measeures the distance from the top of the block down to the bottom... that'll tell you how much piston travel you're maxing at. I'm sure you can add some stroke but I think if yo're someone looking at the max possibility your wallet is so thick that if needed you would just have a billet head built.
lurk.gif

Not really! The billet block I have a pic of above yields 1464cc with just block. I believe he has a piston/block combo that runs to 1900cc. Kaapaaaweeeeee!

Back