Opinions on these rotors

KvHotDog4

Registered
So I bought some new brakes last summer that sounded like a semi stopping with all the screeching, I figured they just needed to get wore in a little well I got a little annoyed with it and did something stupid. About 60 mph and rode the brake pushing harder and harder :banghead::banghead: I know if stupidity hurt I would be dead for that one. Anyway, needless to say my rotors are now warped no more sqreeching but it shakes you to death when stopping. After doing a few searches I like the wave rotors but with my style of riding I don't think I need the performance Galfer (if thats how its spelt) not only that I can't afford the price tag. I found these:

brake disc rotor set SUZUKI GSXR 1300 HAYABUSA 99-07 BK - eBay (item 220557440134 end time Mar-18-10 01:41:26 PDT)

I have a buddy who bought some for a gsxr750 who said they were great, however, the busa out weighs it by 100-150 lbs. Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

If I was looking for rotors I would stay as far away from any brake equipment from Hong Kong. Not everything out of there is crap, but it's not worth your life to find out.

from listing
Item location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong

If I was looking for rotors I would stay as far away from any brake equipment from Hong Kong. Not everything out of there is crap, but it's not worth your life to find out.

from listing
Item location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Thats what I am worried about too. Anyone have suggestions my bank roll would have to stay around 300 preferablely less I am really not trying to be cheap with my brakes I just don't have it and if I would have known how much they cost I woulda ripped the brakes off and went with the Suzuki brand.:banghead::banghead: Lesson learned:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

sorry to hear this. So you wanted to save money the first time by going with $^%^ rotors. Now that you have to replace them you want to save money for the second time by going with a different @$^#$$% brand. I would hate to hear some time in the future that you finally went with either good quality/well known aftermarket brand or with suzuki.

I understand the money being tight thing. Maybe you can find some semi used Gen 1 rotors to hold you over until you can afford a new set.

I try to save money all the time! I am always looking for a better deal on stuff for the busa.

I just don't do it on break systems. If you think about it, it is the most important system on bikes, cars, whatever.

Moral of the story, I know money is tight but a QUALITY set of rotors and pads cost WAY less than a hospital visit.

Thats what I am worried about too. Anyone have suggestions my bank roll would have to stay around 300 preferablely less I am really not trying to be cheap with my brakes I just don't have it and if I would have known how much they cost I woulda ripped the brakes off and went with the Suzuki brand.:banghead::banghead: Lesson learned:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

You got lucky with just warped brakes, oh and tell me your not still riding with them.

No not riding them.

I replaced the brakes last summer not the rotors, the rotors that are on are the factory never replaced rotors. The brakes are what I replaced not the rotors (dealer said they were better same price as Suzuki but they had these in stock, another lesson learned, wait the 2 weeks and pay the same price). Still I should have been smarter from the start, strike 1 aftermarket brakes, strike 2 letting my temper get the best of me, strike 3 sounds like it would be getting a cheap set of rotors. So everyone is saying save money and get a good set, what are other sets the only ones I have ever heard of are the Galfer (again if thats how its spelled) any other recommendable brands that are not as high? And a good place to order them? Forget the 300 limit but is it possible to keep it below 500?

I stay oem on brake rotors but I'm sure someone will chime in with quality aftermarket rotors. Also EBC brake pads are cool.

BY the way, what is the issue with my mind. I was spelling brake, b-r-e-a-k, in all of my previous posts ( must be that I'm at work )

Braking rotors is another company you may wanna look at. They are about 550 bucks for the front set.

check out black shadow uk , i know its miles away but i got a set on my 99, well pleased :beerchug:
worth a look

dang...i'm looking at new rotors for Oren soon as well...and just a couple weeks ago i saw a Brembo front set for about $600..(looked like super strong but lightweight race baskets holding the disc's..puuurrrty too!)...can't remember who's site i saw'em at though...oh that's right..."Pashnit" i think...a dealer/sponsor right here.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

If you don't wanna spend the high price for a good aftermarket set... I'd recommend finding a set of OEM's, eBay & CraigsList...

Alot of people sell em just cuz they want the better braking from "Wave" or other rotor's, but their OEMs are still in good condition. Hope that helps man... Good luck!

BTW, OEM Rotors, SS Brakelines, & EBC HH Pads = Awesome

A member is parting out an entire 06, less frame in the classifieds, id look there for come OE replacemants:thumbsup:

I ordered a set of those for mine early last year and so far they are working great. The quality actually surprised me when I received them. I get lots of compliments on them and they are affordable. I don't recommend everything from HongKong, however I would recommend these.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

BTW, OEM Rotors, SS Brakelines, & EBC HH Pads = Awesome

For street use only. On the track the rotors will get too hot and will eventually warp from repeated heat cycling. Galfer and EBC rotors are supposed to be designed to handle the heat cycling better than OEM rotors. Time will tell.

Forget the 300 limit but is it possible to keep it below 500?

Kevin, if you're serious, let's see what we can do for you.

PM sent.

Other suggestion if the Galfer Wave Rotors are a little out of the range, is next best thing is EBC's new XC contour rotors. More of a petal design than the wave style, still great rotors and more in the $425 range.

Buy Now: EBC XC Contour Brake Rotors, X Series Contour Suzuki Hayabusa | Pashnit Moto

Here's a package deal I did for one of our members with the matched EBC Contour rear rotor + a Galfer Front/Rear/Clutch braided line set:

ebc_contour_xc_busa_800.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_busa_800.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin, if you're serious, let's see what we can do for you.

PM sent.

Other suggestion if the Galfer Wave Rotors are a little out of the range, is next best thing is EBC's new XC contour rotors. More of a petal design than the wave style, still great rotors and more in the $425 range.

Buy Now: EBC XC Contour Brake Rotors, X Series Contour Suzuki Hayabusa | Pashnit Moto

Here's a package deal I did for one of our members with the matched EBC Contour rear rotor + a Galfer Front/Rear/Clutch braided line set:

View attachment 177960

How much for the above set? PM sent

Back