Opinions on Ferguson MO

My point from NY is if he had not done anything that warranted him being cuffed, then why did they feel the need to cuff him? I don't know if it was an offense that warranted being arrested and charged and arraigned or just issued a citation. But if it was the latter then why was there a need to cuff him?

I don't know of a single PD that will allow someone to be "Arrested" and not handcuffed. Why you ask, someone at some point was under arrest and did something stoopid and sued the agency and alas a new policy was created that said you WILL handcuff anyone under arrest...

These cops aren't that bright, with everything going on and everyone catching it with their cell phones you would atleast figure the white cop would have the smarts to think about how this is going to look when he decides to take down the black guy.

So true. In fact, black folks should just have immunity from white cops. Effective immediately, no white cop is allowed to arrest a black person. That should work out well. :rolleyes:

Instead, hows about you take color out of your racist mind?

yes a quality of life crime that requires him to provide his ID which he was not doing. eating a stop sign is an infraction as well (fine) and you cannot go to jail for it but if you refuse to give ur identification you will now be subject to arrest and if u resist that arrest force will be used. so no if its simply a fine and not a misd or felony then no handcuffs would be be appropriate but thats not what happened here. he refused to comply with anything therefore he was advised that he is under arrest which wud of course mean handcuffs when someone is resisting.
But don't you remember, they knew who he was because he's been arrested 31 times. Why do they need an ID?

sure we try to handcuff ppl by themselves. I'm not sure where you get having to shoot someone who is resisting arrest unless ur referring to someone who is trying to gain access to my weapon then yes they will be shot! multiple times!

yes u steal a candy bar or commit a murder and you resist arrest force will be used and if u continue to resist more force will be used.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding about cops and placing ppl under arrest. its not an eye for an eye. if you try to punch me I will smash you with my stick. you try to strike me with a stick I will shoot you. its not and never has been nor ever will be a FAIR fight nor is it supposed to be. this is not a boxing match with rules. the only rule that matters is that I go home at night and if that means the criminal is dead as a result cause HE brought it to that level then so be it.....

Reading my posts, you will notice where my support lies. That said, with the latest developments, you may just find a little more empathy training coming in your direction. Perhaps even a trip to the UK, to see how they effectively do it with an unarmed Police force. We should never sacrifice a life, that being an absolute last resort. It may not be your intention, but your writing suggests little meaning for human lives.

Unfortunately, these incidents are now under international scrutiny, criticized by the United Nations. It is negative towards our positive role in world affairs. You are not helping the situation, just saying.

, you totally missed the point.
So true. In fact, black folks should just have immunity from white cops. Effective immediately, no white cop is allowed to arrest a black person. That should work out well. :rolleyes:

Instead, hows about you take color out of your ****** mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, now we got another one. Dope dealer runs fights cop trying to arrest him. Cop think's he feels a gun during the scuffle, shoots and kills dope dealer. Is this REALLY the poster child that these people want to use to show how the police are heavy handed? Because people should be outraged and riot that a dope dealer got shot?

Phoenix police officer shoots dead unarmed black man during scuffle

The Phoenix Police Department said Brisbon was sitting in a SUV outside a convenience store on Tuesday evening, and two witnesses told the officer the occupants of the vehicle were selling drugs.

With police forces across the country under increased scrutiny over killing unarmed black men, Phoenix police said in a statement that its officer called for backup, and then saw Brisbon appear to remove something from the car's back seat.

It said the officer, a seven-year veteran of the department, gave him several commands to show his hands, before Brisbon "placed one or both hands in his waistband area" and fled.

The officer chased and caught up with him, it said, and during a struggle the policeman believed he felt the handle of a gun while holding Brisbon's hand in his pocket.

"The officer gave the suspect several commands to get on the ground but he refused to comply, yelling profanities at the officer," the police department said in a statement issued on Wednesday.

At that point, both men stumbled into an opened apartment unit, it said, adding that the officer was unable to keep a grip on the suspect's hand.

"Fearing Brisbon had a gun in his pocket the officer fired two rounds striking Brisbon in the torso," it said.

The police department said back-up officers arrived after the shooting, and while they and members of the fire department treated Brisbon, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said Brisbon was carrying oxycodone pills, and that a semi-automatic handgun and a jar of what is believed to be marijuana were found in the SUV. The 30-year-old officer was not injured, police added in the statement.

Oh boy, now we got another one. Dope dealer runs fights cop trying to arrest him. Cop think's he feels a gun during the scuffle, shoots and kills dope dealer. Is this REALLY the poster child that these people want to use to show how the police are heavy handed? Because people should be outraged and riot that a dope dealer got shot?

Phoenix police officer shoots dead unarmed black man during scuffle

The Phoenix Police Department said Brisbon was sitting in a SUV outside a convenience store on Tuesday evening, and two witnesses told the officer the occupants of the vehicle were selling drugs.

With police forces across the country under increased scrutiny over killing unarmed black men, Phoenix police said in a statement that its officer called for backup, and then saw Brisbon appear to remove something from the car's back seat.

It said the officer, a seven-year veteran of the department, gave him several commands to show his hands, before Brisbon "placed one or both hands in his waistband area" and fled.

The officer chased and caught up with him, it said, and during a struggle the policeman believed he felt the handle of a gun while holding Brisbon's hand in his pocket.

"The officer gave the suspect several commands to get on the ground but he refused to comply, yelling profanities at the officer," the police department said in a statement issued on Wednesday.

At that point, both men stumbled into an opened apartment unit, it said, adding that the officer was unable to keep a grip on the suspect's hand.

"Fearing Brisbon had a gun in his pocket the officer fired two rounds striking Brisbon in the torso," it said.

The police department said back-up officers arrived after the shooting, and while they and members of the fire department treated Brisbon, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said Brisbon was carrying oxycodone pills, and that a semi-automatic handgun and a jar of what is believed to be marijuana were found in the SUV. The 30-year-old officer was not injured, police added in the statement.

I just can't imagine what is being slid under our noses right now by everyone and their mother focused on cops doing their duty.

Long term effect of bashing police across the country (and especially by the likes of Obama and de Blasio) will make this important profession less attractive. Over time, this will create a shortage of police officers. In order to attract new recruits, hiring standards will have to be lowered, and this in turn will cause real issues of abuse, corruption, and indifference within future police departments across the country. Of course, those who started this chain reaction will neither acknowledge it, nor will be capable to comprehend this fact. Once started, this dangerous and irreversible trend will go on, and things will be getting worse.

Obama and de Blasio will be long gone, but real people will be stuck with it, while media companies and TV outlets will keep discussing why it happened, in the meantime keeping the same people glued to the screens and making good advertising dollars.

I can't help but to draw analogy with seemingly unrelated chain reaction. Obamacare will certainly make medical profession less attractive, and one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to see the long term consequences.

Long term degradation of one or another aspect of our society seems to emerge as a pattern these days.

The problem that people have with these situations is that all a police officer has to say is I thought I saw a gun, or he was reaching for something or he had a phone in his hand and I thought it was a weapon to justify killing someone. People aren't praising the victims. But every situation that we have been discussing over the past week or so had these things in common:
Black male without a weapon other than his hands.
Dead black man.
White officer.
Alleged fear of white officers life.

And once more, before anyone says it, I am not saying the black man was correct in his actions. I'm just stating the facts of the cases.

Maybe. The real lesson I wish people would learn is, "once you scuffle with an officer making an arrest, all bets are off"....

In order to attract new recruits, hiring standards will have to be lowered, and this in turn will cause real issues of abuse, corruption, and indifference within future police departments across the country.

Pretty good point. Standards have already been lowered, than say 40 years ago. You bring up a good way at looking at how it will get even worse than now. Kind of makes me you shutter.

Long term effect of bashing police across the country (and especially by the likes of Obama and de Blasio) will make this important profession less attractive. Over time, this will create a shortage of police officers. In order to attract new recruits, hiring standards will have to be lowered, and this in turn will cause real issues of abuse, corruption, and indifference within future police departments across the country. Of course, those who started this chain reaction will neither acknowledge it, nor will be capable to comprehend this fact. Once started, this dangerous and irreversible trend will go on, and things will be getting worse.

Obama and de Blasio will be long gone, but real people will be stuck with it, while media companies and TV outlets will keep discussing why it happened, in the meantime keeping the same people glued to the screens and making good advertising dollars.

I can't help but to draw analogy with seemingly unrelated chain reaction. Obamacare will certainly make medical profession less attractive, and one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to see the long term consequences.

Long term degradation of one or another aspect of our society seems to emerge as a pattern these days.

IG I love you man but you have some very pessimistic views of things. The outcome could be Police forces that look like the citizens they police, which might just be what was needed to get control of those areas. The cops we have now do a good job in a tough situation but it's not rocket science. Trust me there are people who will do it and if departments step up to the changes it can be done to the betterment of the department.

The problem that people have with these situations is that all a police officer has to say is I thought I saw a gun, or he was reaching for something or he had a phone in his hand and I thought it was a weapon to justify killing someone. People aren't praising the victims. But every situation that we have been discussing over the past week or so had these things in common:
Black male without a weapon other than his hands.
Dead black man.
White officer.
Alleged fear of white officers life.

And once more, before anyone says it, I am not saying the black man was correct in his actions. I'm just stating the facts of the cases.

I'm curious here because, based on your posts, I think you'd buy into the fact that the media tells us how under-represented people of color (black in this case) are in law enforcement. Do you know why that is?

I'm not saying that. I personally do not care if the officer is black white or brown. What I care about is that whatever color they are they are held to the same accountability that everyone else is and that doesn't seem to be the case in most of these shootings and chokings. There are some horrible black police officers too. I don't believe there needs to be more black cops or more Hispanic cops. We need more good cops!

I'm not saying that. I personally do not care if the officer is black white or brown. What I care about is that whatever color they are they are held to the same accountability that everyone else is and that doesn't seem to be the case in most of these shootings and chokings. There are some horrible black police officers too. I don't believe there needs to be more black cops or more Hispanic cops. We need more good cops!

Fair nuf, can't argue with that. That said, Darren Wilson WAS one of the good cops and all of the racists who ran him out of town will never realize it, but they surely won't be better off without him.

This is off-topic but is that a black/blue 02 in your avatar? Got any more pics of it? That's my absolute favorite color scheme. Mine was originally that color as well.

Back