Operation Integrated Tail - Executed

Blitz2120

Registered
Dug into it tonight; took about 2 hours from start to finish "the right way".

The stock OEM tail light... Blah! ???

DSCF3163.jpg

Uh oh, look what arrived today! :laugh:

DSCF3164.jpg

Remember! Stay organized! Always!

DSCF3165.jpg

The tail comes right off with a few screws/bolts and push tabs...

Here's the new Lockhart Phillips integrated LED tail light for comparison.

DSCF3168.jpg

DSCF3169.jpg

These are a must unless you like the fast blinky... ???

DSCF3170.jpg

DSCF3171.jpg

DSCF3172.jpg

DSCF3173.jpg

Solder it on there, don't use splice connectors or just tape... Do it right the FIRST time...

DSCF3174.jpg

DSCF3175.jpg

DSCF3176.jpg

Yep, like always, I got hungry...Again... :rofl:

DSCF3177.jpg

The "finished" soldered, fire-resistant electrical taped product! :thumbsup:

DSCF3178.jpg

DSCF3180.jpg

Looks good, I couldnt get the resistors right so I left them out, just blinks faster, didnt think of solder, lol

Great write up. Can you post up where you got the parts? Also, does the brake light blink 3-4 times when the brakes are first applied? I saw this function on a cruiser the other day and thought it a great safety addition. Again, thanks for the great write-up.:beerchug:

Great write up. Can you post up where you got the parts? Also, does the brake light blink 3-4 times when the brakes are first applied? I saw this function on a cruiser the other day and thought it a great safety addition. Again, thanks for the great write-up.:beerchug:

I ordered this taillight through 58cycle.com. No the brake doesn't blink multiple times, straight LED integrated tail-light, thanks for the comments! Cheers! :beerchug:

I need to research how to use which diodes in order to create this effect with my boards. Anyone got a broken CA board or one of these?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back