Went ahead and cut the tail off the donkey...

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Took the rear upper tail section off, rolled the bike out to the shed and dremel'ed off the shovel. Drilled two small holes in the undertail by the factory drain hole so I run the blinker wires. Tested the connection off the blinker wires to make sure all was well, Finished the wiring and sealed up the connections and newly drilled holes with black rtv, reassembled the upper tail. I used a piece of thin aluminum sheeting to cut plate bracket mount, then screwed it into the undertail, marked and drilled the stock plate bracket and assembled using the new lockhart plate mount lights. It is a little flimsy, I am sure I will re-enforce the alum sheet I cut with a flat of 1/8" thick alum stock. Cleaned up the cut-off shovel area with a dremel sanding wheel and reassembled everthing. Looks much better than that Boeing Experimental Airbrake hanging off the back and the lights are more than bright enough. Now to order a set of clear ones, since the parts guy messed up and got the amber lens. Or, I will go to the clear lens integrator tail light assembly.

Thanks to all those who posted their pics, as well as the few reminding me I needed to do this
smile.gif


Charlie


Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed
 

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Ok Shibumi, you got me sold on the clear alt integrator. I think next up is a new (or used no warped) rear rotor...mine is trashed, not from me though.
 

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Thanks guys....BigBS you were part of my motivation (reminder). Poopy part is, once I got my tail done, I finished swapping tires and wheels, cleaning chain, and wash/claybarred/waxed my buddies GSXR1k then it rained, so I haven't got to take her out of the house yet
sad.gif
 

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
178,458
Messages
3,217,775
Members
50,733
Latest member
Abo0od212
Top