Only want to lower 1"

Well I'm 100% removing my drop kit since it's scraping on some speed bumps the other day.....

rick

I was wondering what the best system for lowering the front end was. looking for about 2" front and rear, any suggestions?
x2. That's how much I want. Just need to know the best way.

Links + what up front, new top clamp? Anything else needed?

Are there any how-to's on how to install risers or the slide-thru top clamps?

To hit the 2" mark you will need a new top clamp. To go with the new top clamp maybe put some Heli bars on for comfort. pretty straight forward on install. Throw couple towels over the inners. Take both the clutch and brake off the handlebars and let them rest on towels. Remove the handle bars. Remove the top clamp. Take old handlebars and install on new top clamp. install top clamp.then install brake and clutch.

Brocks makes some nice rear adjustables. Black in color. A little more $$. Would look great on your bike. As far as top clamp? It's really a choice of what design you want. Plain, Hayabusa written across it, chrome, powered, etc...

Before lowering your bike. Think about where you going to ride it. Have a steep driveway? Speed bump you won't be able to avoid? Lowering greatly increases the risk of bottoming out. Reverse of knowing the height of your rig and going under bridges HAHA!

Are there any adjustments to make to the other clamps?

I've got a couple of speedbumps to hit near my house, but I can hit them at an angle that will avoid scraping.

To use a top clamp you have to have something like a jack under the motor(fairings off) to support the bike. Mark the tubes at the top of the bottom camp with a marker. A small dot works fine. This is so when you slide the tubes up to lower the bike you can measure so it's equal. Loosen the bottom clamp bolts generously. The top ones loosen enough to let tubes slide up. Can be done by yourself,but best to have someone there to hold bike when making adjustments. Extra hands is always a plus.

Back