Only want to lower 1"

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hey everyone,
Got a 06 Blk/Gray. Love the look of the lowered busas, but I dont want to drag or to affect the handling too much. I am 225lbs and my girlfriend rides alot with me, but she only weighs 110. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Had a 7r that was lowered and it dragged on everything! Dont want to do it on the new busa!

Thanks all...

I lowered BOB's backend an inch with lowering links. No change in perfomance or handling. And have yet to scrape on any bumps.

Go for it. It's a 15 min job and it works great.

First hole on a set of 3-hole dogbones should be okay.

I also want to go only 1", the 1st hole in dog bones equal stock from what I have been told??
rock.gif

here is a pic of my bike lowered 1''
IM000657.jpg

i can't say that i liked it,other then it helped to keep the front down on the bottle,the arm is 1.5'' longer,lowering the bike even 1'' will have an effect on suspension action,it didn't work for me,not low enough to control wheelies,and the bike didn't turn either

next i had some links made up (just like oem,20.00$,shipped) to lower the bike .500,that did even less to control wheelies,and i still didn't like the way it handled,so the bike is at stock r/h

Chevell.
I read somewhere that if I lower my front 1" it will help the steering but I forgot where I read that! have you tried that yet?

Thanks for your input..

smile.gif

rrookey,you are correct,the front was lowered nearly equally each time,about .80 the first time (i didn't go any further because the forks begin to taper,and you start loosing clamping force) and about 5/8's the second try,now don't misunderstand,it's not like the bike was horrible,i just can be very picky at times,my extra 1.5'' of w/b also contributes to the problem

+1 on Soupy's Lowering Kit! Here couple pics of my 06... Can adjust it with ease if not happy with the height as compared to the Fixed hole links. I little more expensive,but well worth it IMO. the Riser also give you a little more comfort too. Added pics so you can see the look on same bike color. I drive around speed bumps out of habit so couldn't really tell if it will hit.

SoupysAdjustableLinks.jpg

soupysfrontspacersinstalled.jpg

Picture002.jpg

RearofbikeafterSoupyslinksinstalled.jpg

My 1st Busa was lowered 1 inch with no dragging issues at all..
The one I have now is lowered -1 on front stock on the back side..
bowdown.gif

Pm sent..

I have the same setup as Strife does
thumb_up.gif
.  Soupy's is great because you are replacing dogbones with fully adjustable links.  You can adjust the ride height in 5 - 10 minutes.  Easy install front and rear.

Just put a set of Soupy's on mine... dropped 1" up front and 2" in the back. Looks and handles great. Took an hour in the garage, and I can raise the bike IF my wife ever gets back on...

I did the same on my 08, one inch drop in the front using one inch risers and two inch drop in the rear using Soupy's adjustable links on the rear. Rides great, looks great and is totally cool. A win win situation.

My Busa' is lowered about 1" all around on the white LE edition - looks great and I have yet to scrape but at 6'2" tall, I kinda want to get it raised a bit. IT's almost too comfy
smile.gif

rick

I was wondering what the best system for lowering the front end was. looking for about 2" front and rear, any suggestions?

Back