Lowering 1"

watford

Registered
I am considering lowering my 03 about 1" front and rear. I don't want to make it a straight line only toy, but then again I am not a dedicated knee dragger. I use a decent amount of the tire, but don't drag any parts on the ground at stock height. I've looked through some of the other posts and it looks like most people lower theirs more than 1". Will 1" make me drag parts while cornering? Does anyone have pics of their bike lowered 1"? And finally....What are the methods for lowering the front?

Thanks for the help!

No way of tellin' if you'll drag anything. That depends on what you mean buy decent amount of tire,your weight,etc.. There is only three methods I know: lowering straps. (really only safe for drag racing) Replacing your triple tree and dropping your forks through it.(most common way) and Having your fork springs replaced.(costly, and unless a pro does it and matches your weight to your springs and calculates sag/rebound it usually turns out crappy.)

You can get risers that space the triple cover/ grip bracket up so you can raise the forks in the stock triple clamps, too. I've seen kits for anything from 3/4" to 1.5" drops using the risers. I just bought a 3/4" kit but haven't installed it yet. I'm goin' with 3/4" up front and 1" in back for street riding and slammin' it with adjustable rear links and a strap for the strip next season.

The links for the back will let you drop it 3" in the rear. I dropped mine 2" and strap the front for the strip. I leave the strap loose when on the street and it rides fine. I am going with the triple clamp cover so I can lower an inch in the front permantly. I'll still use the strap to make front rigid when I drag.
cool.gif

Got my riser kit from ebay for $20 shipped. Haven't seen a nice polished triple clamp (what I would want) for less than around $200, so around $180 difference.
wink.gif
I'll end up with a nice clamp but just wanted to put the money elsewhere for now. The risers are just temporary to get it down a little until I can afford the clamp I want.
biggrin.gif

I've got mine lowered 3/4in in front and 2 in the rear. I'll post a pic later today or tomorrow. I used reaper's risers about $30 o your door. I just took them off to polish them i'll get you a pic when i get them back on

I've got mine lowered 3/4in in front and 2 in the rear. I'll post a pic later today or tomorrow. I used reaper's risers about $30 o your door. I just took them off to polish them i'll get you a pic when i get them back on
Please do post pics dez. I wanna see where the 3/4 spacers puts the front.
wink.gif

here is mine with GENMAR 1.5" risers & stock triple; lowered 1.5"

VERY nice looking bike!
smile.gif
Did you have to replace any lines or cables with the 1.5" risers? Or do you not end up stretching them since the control relationship to the frame does not really change?

Oh...another question.
smile.gif
How does it ride lowered 1.5"? Do you scrape parts pretty easy on curves? I used to have an 85 GS1150 that was slammed and don't remember having any problems, but I didn't ride it quite like I ride the Busa. Thanks for the help.

smile.gif

I love my bike....bad pic of it but anyway. It rides the same as stock besides the front turning in faster than normal. Also bumps is a big thing. Gotta watch out for the bumps more than usual. Other than that the non wheelie thing and the look just ROCK!!!!

I'm going with new tree but you're right 179 .00 is as cheap as I can find them .

Back