Onedownfiveup mod

dl6996

Registered
And also does it work?  I have an '02 blue/black busa and had seen this mod in the mod section.  I was wondering if it works in smoothing out the lower gears.  I really don't care if it derestricts it since I don't have that many ops to see the limit on her.  I'm mostly interested in smoothing out and getting more potential out of 1st and 2nd.

Rich

Registered
I did this and yes it works. Except I used the 6.8kohm resistor. So now it thinks that it is in 5th gear. It does work, I turn it off and it won't red line. Then I activate it and it will hit the rev limiter. I also did this on my gix750 (hard wired it in) and it works on it also.

dl6996

Registered
Not sure exactly what your talking about. Can you give some specifics?
It's a mod that was posted in the mod section about a switchable TRE. Involves a 15k resistor and such. My Radio Shack here doesn't have a 15k so I was also wondering if a smaller resistor would work. So as for specifics it is a 15k resistor on a switch so that you can put it back to normal mode at any given time, or just hard wire it in. I was just wondering if it would smooth out the lower gears a little and give me use of all the power down there.

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
Man all this stuff confuses me. Does it work or not on a 2002 busa. Most of you say to use a 6.8k resistor. This deal says to use a 15K so ecu thinks that its in sixth gear when it is on. So if it thinks that it is in sixth gear I can see how that will kill the timing retard in lower gears but it wont remove the top RPM limit will it?
I want it all. All the power in the low gears and WARP factor 10 in high.
Come on cant I make this thing faster???

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Looks like you got it covered...........
I thought you might have been talking about the gearbox mod for GP bikes. Thank God thats not the case, Ks....

Rich

Registered
That is why I used the 6.8ohm, now it thinks that it is in 5th gear. No top speed govenor, and it eliminates the timing retard in the low gears.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedrovdb10