heres another t.r.e. question for ya!

birdaprey

Registered
ok guys so.........

the t.r.e is made to remove the top end restriction...I know that...

but , will it really smooth out the 1st couple of gears that I have heard so many rave about...?
you know what I mean ( I'm trying to do something about the on / off throlttle jerk, the busa has in 1st and 2nd gear...

2nd part of my question....I want to put a 43 tooth rear sprocket on the bike, but would this increase the "jerking" feel I'm talking about? or would it help to smooth it out because of the increased rpms...

please help me out...... ( my money's burning a hole in my pocket)

The TRE really works well. Gives good crisp throttle response and eliminates about 70% of harsh on/off throttle. If your bikes real bad w/jerkyness try to adjust your throttle cable,you'd be surprised how much that cleans it up alone. I dont think the sprocket will change it noticibly.

I guess a custom map is not on your list
baaa.gif

I have an 03 with a TRE. It really does make a difference with the part throttle problem. A gear change won't correct the problem the bike will still want to cruise a little faster or little slower at low to medium RPM's. Slack in the throttle cable makes it difficult to maintain smooth throttle control. I find this mostly effects corner exits because the power will come on harder and later than you expect.

I guess a custom map is not on your list
baaa.gif
I have thought long and hard on this........ but don't have anyone I trust to do the work in my home town...

guess I was hoping that the "magic box" ( the t.r.e. )
would fix it for me with just the plug and play method?

to bad your 400 miles from me
mad.gif
( I do put a lot of faith in what you say...)

johnny: what would you charge to make me a map...and load it in a pcIIIr also.

my bike is a 2002
I have lots of cosmetic mods but the only real peformance mod ( if you can call it one ) is some yoshi race bolt-ons.
thought of going to a k&n air filter but heard that the stock is just as good. my next mod is to be a 43 tooth rear sprocket.

so... with these 'two mods' what kind of map could you make me...
thanks

Go with the 16/42 gearing and it'll pull like a tractor. Get it remapped, it's worth it. Smooth all the way up and down.
cool.gif

Back