One more help!!

Firstbusa

Registered
Hi Friends!
I have another post for a different bike i was looking to pick up. That didn't go that well. I looked at a different bike today and few more questions. I wanted to keep the thread separate, that is why creating a new one. Hope that is fine with the moderators.

Background of the bike
Year: 2013
Miles: 6000
Modifications: Lowered, handlebar raised, full Akrapovic exhaust.

Bike was pawned about 5 months ago and sat in the shop all this while. Owner didnt come to pick it up so Pawn shop is selling it. I Went and looked at it and tried to turn it on and obviously had a weak battery. But it did turn on eventually after 5-6 tries. First thing I notice was rough idle sounded like a V-Twin then heavy smell of gas fumes from exhaust. when I revved the engine i saw smoke. On close observation I saw exhaust tip was wet from Gas and the smoke was from it burning off. Then I saw a puddle of gas just underneath the bike (exactly underneath exhaust header). It was all wet and can be seen in the video links below. I was surprised. I saw F1 flashing (was not able to put in in dealer mode to get the code) and ABS light was on.

Does anyone can point out to what could be the problem here? I assume something in Fuel system area. I had taken a video of the bike for the reference.
here are they.
Video1
Vedio2

P.S: Manager of the shop claimed that the bike was flawless when they took it in. Otherwise they would never taken it.

Any help and advice is really appreciated!!

You have to ride it for the abs light to turn off like 6ft. Low batteries do odd things to these bikes 3 coils might fire on low voltage but that one won’t. Did the bike charge up? Could be a stuck injector. To know what it’s dojng would have to be diagnosed. Get it cheap and figure it out it. It nice looking bike.

You have to ride it for the abs light to turn off like 6ft. Low batteries do odd things to these bikes 3 coils might fire on low voltage but that one won’t. Did the bike charge up? Could be a stuck injector. To know what it’s dojng would have to be diagnosed. Get it cheap and figure it out it. It nice looking bike.

We didnt run it for long. But the bike started by itself without any help. Just that it was weak from sitting. Will that change anything?

How much would be cheap?

We didnt run it for long. But the bike started by itself without any help. Just that it was weak from sitting. Will that change anything?

How much would be cheap?
busas act sooooo strange when voltage isn't correct.... if u went back with a bettery… and it had perfect voltage... and the bike still runs like poop... u KNOW its not the battery.

first off... how much? do u really wanna buy a bike and right away work on it? u might wanna buy a 30 dollar battery off ebay… and return and see if that's really the problem.... just get battery and jumper cables.....

Yeah, Manager assumed it was running fine and offered it for 7.5K. I don't mind working on it as long as the price is right. I have a M109r right now. May be take that battery and see how it performs?
In how many days does the gas go bad?

busas act sooooo strange when voltage isn't correct.... if u went back with a bettery… and it had perfect voltage... and the bike still runs like poop... u KNOW its not the battery.

Just that it is not close to me about 39 miles from where I live. Was closer from work.

if u can get it to run good.... with a fresh battery.... get together 6800 CASH.... see if hell take it.... MAKE SURE IT RUNS GOOD.

remember... this is a PAWN shop... guaranteded the pawn shop didn't give more than 50 percent of market value..... he probably paid 3 or 3500 for it.......

if u can get it to run good.... with a fresh battery.... get together 6800 CASH.... see if hell take it.... MAKE SURE IT RUNS GOOD.

I did negotiate and had started from 6.8K. Never came down below 7.5K. And if ti runs good then he might not go down. :)
Can we think of all the reasons why it is behaving so? From simple to complex?

I did negotiate and had started from 6.8K. Never came down below 7.5K. And if ti runs good then he might not go down. :)
Can we think of all the reasons why it is behaving so? From simple to complex?
lol.... that's a long list man..... I would see if it runs good with a battery... if still runs like poop.... just pass... 6800 cash... show it to him... and tell him he can put a pawn shop sticker on the bike... lol

Really? Okay...
:(
What if it was something simple?

Here is my honest opinion of both.

Bike 1: 2012 with 1700 miles. Fairings are scuffed a little but the bike, from what I can tell in the pics, is 100% stock. That bike was rode an average of 283 miles a year. Either a new fairing or sand down and repaint the existing parts. $7500

Bike 2: 2013 with 6000 miles. Right off the bat, you know of a fuel leak. Many things could cause that. A business like a pawn shop will tell you it was flawless because that releases them of any liability regarding its condition. Could be a simple fix or major. YOU shouldn't have to buy a battery or even pull yours from your 109 to test that bike out. That bike was ridden 1200 miles a year on average and it isnt stock. How hard are those miles? The average responsible rider wont take it to a pawn shop for money. $7500.

In the end, it's your decision to buy one or pass both. There are other great deals out there. I'd take the first one hands down.

Here is my honest opinion of both.

Bike 1: 2012 with 1700 miles. Fairings are scuffed a little but the bike, from what I can tell in the pics, is 100% stock. That bike was rode an average of 283 miles a year. Either a new fairing or sand down and repaint the existing parts. $7500

Bike 2: 2013 with 6000 miles. Right off the bat, you know of a fuel leak. Many things could cause that. A business like a pawn shop will tell you it was flawless because that releases them of any liability regarding its condition. Could be a simple fix or major. YOU shouldn't have to buy a battery or even pull yours from your 109 to test that bike out. That bike was ridden 1200 miles a year on average and it isnt stock. How hard are those miles? The average responsible rider wont take it to a pawn shop for money. $7500.

In the end, it's your decision to buy one or pass both. There are other great deals out there. I'd take the first one hands down.
Thank you for the reply. That post makes sense. This is the reason why I come here to get advice.
So the hunt is still on!! I thought that this will be a better deal because the bike had ABS. Extra safety feature..

Thank you for the reply. That post makes sense. This is the reason why I come here to get advice.
So the hunt is still on!! I thought that this will be a better deal because the bike had ABS. Extra safety feature..

Dont let ABS be a deal breaker. Mine doesn't have Brembo brakes, yet it stops just fine.

Back