One Mo' Newbie Question

Elsboss

Registered
I've heard a few versions from local guys as to the best method of doing the tie-down on the front-end of the Busa.  Anyone doing a lot of hauling and could suggest the best attach point method and what kind of soft-ties would be appreciated. Also, how much compression? Thanks,

Elliot

Do a search on EBay for the "Tie Down Bar".
It works great.

Here's a couple pf pics to help illustrate... though thery are not a great pics, I think you can get the idea:

A typical "Canyon Dancer" strap will work fine also.
Just want to keep the front tire from turning and be sure it is secured on either side.

Last edited by a moderator:
smile.gif

CS,

Great looking setup (and bike). A bud at the BMW shop had also mentioned Canyon Dancer as they use that on all the BMW's 'cept for the big LT.

I've only tied down Harley types and big V8 bikes and we usually just do a soft-tie to the handlebars so this is new terrain for me.

Really appreciate the feedback. Canyon Dancer it is unless I here any significant critism's here.

Elliot

unless you get the bar like Cecil_Stringer has the canyon dancers will rest on the fairings. What are you using to haul your busa? If it's a trailer then get one of these.

I'll be hauling in the bed of an F250 regular bed. That sport chock you referenced is really cool but is it any good if it's just placed down and not bolted? Also, if towels or some soft insulator was put between the Canyon Dancer and the fairing could I avoid having to buy a bar? Thanks for the advise. Haven't hauled one yet and want to avoid end of the road headaches.

Elliot

I have used the canyon dancer straps to haul my bikes across the country and the thing to look out for is that they will touch the sides of the Busa. I put cotton towels around the points where they hit to prevent any scratching. Also, if you have sliders on your bike already a good alternative is the Yoyodyneti sliders with tie-down kit. Used them on my last trip and they worked out great. No more worries about the fairings.

Thanks for all the good advice guys. Bought a Baxley sport chock (very cool), got my Canyon Dancer, and gonna try and make it work using some good soft cotton insulation wherever there's a rub.

Elliot
smile.gif

Back