Broad newbie question. Tall guy and GSXR tail mod questions?

buckroseau

Registered
Broad newbie question. Tall guy and GSXR tail mod questions and more...?

Hi, new guy here. I have a few general broad questions about some of the mods available for the busa. I am pretty tall guy, so some of the questions pertain to that. I currently have an 03 Yamaha R1 and have that set up the best I can for my height. Raising link, 50 mm lowered pegs. The Busa is appealing to me because of the 3+ inch longer wheel base and a general larger size than the R1. Not only looking for something to fit me, but also something that looks like it fits me maybe a bit better. Mods for a 99 to 07 busa.

Like a lot of others, I don't care for some of the lines on the bike. Interested in the GSXR tail kit mod. What are my options and who should I buy from?

Foot pegs, interested in lowering. I've read TL and some harley pegs? Which one is the better choice, or larger drop? Where do I get these? Do they interfere with the exhaust?

Raising link...I think Soupy's are the way to go here? Bought from them for my R1, worked great.

Front end plastic...anyone make anything less....round?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....Matt

I have long legs for my height... If I sit all the way back against the hump, the seat has only been on once, I have enough leg-room. I looked into Buell pegs, but never followed up. I did get some racer pegs from Yana Shiki, no rubber inserts, these gave me another half inch and gave my knees a bit of relief. GoldenChild can get most anything, or another sponsor is Pashnit who also supplies parts. PM either of them. AND :welcome:

Back