Old video but cool

All those old smokers were awesome...I had the privilege of riding most of them-NSR400, RZ500,350, RD400,350, H1, S1 (250) RG 500 (Walter Wolf Edition) and 250.

They made one feel as if they were in the GP circuit just by starting them up.
I wrote a few of those, but how did you get the opportunity to ride all of them? Lucky you... :-)

I wrote a few of those, but how did you get the opportunity to ride all of them? Lucky you... :-)

Just lucky...and travelling around the world. Every time I saw one I'd do my best to ride it-years (many years) ago, Mosport raceway had a ride day and many of the current (then) bikes were available to ride, Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha all had their 2 strokers there.

Handy when you own a couple as well.

I found the number one Gamma in a used motorcycle parts place called The Bike Barn or the bike yard or something here in Southern Ontario. The frame was stamp number one so it look legit, but he wants 10 grand for it and it's basically half a bike

A Suzuki dealership I used to frequent had a RG500 Walter Wolf in his show room when it burned down...many of us were in tears over that..he also had one of the first GSXR750s in there too...

What a guy!
A true living legend. . . But so very humble, ya gotta love the man!
As Wayne Rainey said, he rode that bike as if it was 1980 all over again.
:bowdown:
Was it Kevin schwantz that got paralyzed? All these racers mentioned above wer true champions of the sport.

I love road racing. At the time the only bike I had was a wr250x. I would in D.O.T. it And race it in the 600 rookie cup.lol. but what I wanted to do was get a Gamma or rz500 And race it in the 600 superbike series. I think the results would be interesting

Was it Kevin schwantz that got paralyzed? All these racers mentioned above wer true champions of the sport.

I love road racing. At the time the only bike I had was a wr250x. I would in D.O.T. it And race it in the 600 rookie cup.lol. but what I wanted to do was get a Gamma or rz500 And race it in the 600 superbike series. I think the results would be interesting

Alabama is the place to be to see the RG/RZ 500s it seems....

If they decided to all start at the same time the "blue fog" would be immense...

I knew a guy who was in high school who got one...he sold some cows and bought it, his parents thought it would be OK as it was "only" a 500....he had it about a month before it ended up in a wrecking yard after a high speed crash....go figure.

Back