Old bikes you have owned thread

This may have been done, but I thought that it might be fun to share pics of old bikes you have owned.

My ‘80 YZ125 (last air cooled!) and IT250 (forget the year).

View attachment 1657553

View attachment 1657554
Harley Davidson Sportster 883 was my very first riding motorcycle, after that I moved to Yamaha R1 which is quite hilarious having amazing features but my love is still Sportster 883 as it was my first mature toy...

I'd love to get a Sportster.

Sit on one first...
I'm 5'10" with a 32"-33" inseam...and I feel like a circus bear on those things.
A friend got a 1200(same most everything as an 883 other than displacement) on a trade a couple years ago, I tried to talk him into us stunting it, lol, he almost did, but passed it on in another trade.
I remember a local guy 20 years ago with a 1200, he would show up sometimes when a group of us on our 1k's were parked. He'd tell us how he'd smoke every one of us, because he had a 1200 and we only had 1000's, lmao!
He'd then take off wide open and scare all the birds and critters within a quarter mile. I thought sometimes that I could've ran and tackled him off of that rocket before he hit second gear at 20mph, lol.

Sit on one first...
I'm 5'10" with a 32"-33" inseam...and I feel like a circus bear on those things.
A friend got a 1200(same most everything as an 883 other than displacement) on a trade a couple years ago, I tried to talk him into us stunting it, lol, he almost did, but passed it on in another trade.
I remember a local guy 20 years ago with a 1200, he would show up sometimes when a group of us on our 1k's were parked. He'd tell us how he'd smoke every one of us, because he had a 1200 and we only had 1000's, lmao!
He'd then take off wide open and scare all the birds and critters within a quarter mile. I thought sometimes that I could've ran and tackled him off of that rocket before he hit second gear at 20mph, lol.
I've run into those guys too.....they equate displacement with power regardless of the bike...

One guy I knew had a Fat Bob with a twin cam 88 in it and spent a whack of money on aftermarket parts to make it fast and one of the other guys we hung around with with a Yamaha Road Star and would run circles around him.....it sure pissed the HD guy off to no end..it amused us though so that is all that counts...

Sit on one first...

Bbbbut I felt sooo manly dragging pegs on the Nightster I borrowed...

My Euro-trash KTM (LC4...) days. So much fun in the Arizona desert. Discovered dual sporting in a big way. Rode the San Juans in Colorado. The Baja peninusla. Got taken out in a GP. A seriously awesome part of my my life.

MVC-004S-M.jpg

F55D73DE-9AEE-427F-9CD5-45CF7F990BCB-M.jpg

MVC-013S-M.jpg

MVC-022S-M.jpg

'81 CX500 Custom. With optional windshield and DIY stereo!

When I was 16. My cousin in Oregon was getting married. My parents reasonably concluded that the best way to attend such an event was for dad to buy a left-over stripper Goldwing (and have me install a Honda fairing and bags), and to buy their newly licensed eldest a used CX, and to put the rest of the clan into the Beauville pulling the pop-up camper (behind Honda) with the rusty bottom and no A/C.

And so it happened. I put in for two weeks off at Wendy's. And the family departed from Flint, Michigan to Eugene, Oregon. Google Maps says 2,517 miles one-way by the northern route we took. What an adventure! A dream come true for a young enthusiast. The open road, a +/- 100 mile fuel range, and "bring me that horizon." (Jack Sparrow stole that from me...)

img003.jpg

First street bike was an 04 CBR F4i bumblebee.

IMG_6311.jpeg

Then I went to an 03 Yamaha R1
IMG_2089.jpeg

Still have that one, but broke the trans at 51k miles, so I bought an 05 GSXR 750
IMG_1670.jpeg

Ended up trading that one for a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and a bunch of cash. Gave the little 250 to my daughter.
67575054094__D4CD17F7-F80D-4E29-AC41-BFC9C6A04F45.jpeg

She’s still riding it, in the meantime I bought my 05 Hayabusa

First street bike was an 04 CBR F4i bumblebee.

View attachment 1665860

Then I went to an 03 Yamaha R1
View attachment 1665861

Still have that one, but broke the trans at 51k miles, so I bought an 05 GSXR 750
View attachment 1665862

Ended up trading that one for a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and a bunch of cash. Gave the little 250 to my daughter.
View attachment 1665863

She’s still riding it, in the meantime I bought my 05 Hayabusa
Nice collection....I really like those 250s and I guess all those smaller bikes (250s, 300s, 400s)....they are a lot of fun...

Nice old GSXR 1100 that I still have, sitting in my garage and rarely ridden anymore .. Bought it over 30 years ago ..

View attachment 1675243
There's something about those old Gixxers that stirs excitement.....

When I sold my factory race bike I eventually converted to a street bike it sold really, really fast...made me think I sold it for far too low a price....

It went with the factory race fairings and all the spare parts I had...

It sure freed up a lot of space in the garage when it went though...

The 750RR's were the ones to save .. To my memory you needed an expert AMA license to purchase one .. The air cooled clutch and the factory flatslides were the clue that it was an RR ..
Mine was an '85 model with flat sides but a wet clutch...it came with two sets of fairings though.

It was a Suzuki factory race bike and I was partially sponsored so that was a bonus......the military got in the way of a real racing career though and I chose wisely and stayed with the military.

It was pretty fun to race though....I had an AMA and CMA race license.

One of my neighbors was telling me that he and his brother went to pick up a bike the other day.

One of their mutual friends bought a green1982 GPZ1100 fuel injected bike new......he said the guy rode it for a year, scared himself and then put it into storage.....it has sat in a sea can on his property for all those years. He told the neighbor's brother to just come get it and do what he wants with it.

Apparently the neighbor's brother is a Kawasaki guy (he owns a few) so he went to get it and found out it has 2000kms on it.

The tank was drained and oiled, all the exposed metal was oiled and he said it will clean right up.....

I asked him to get me a few pictures of it when he can and I will share them here.

I also told him those early fuel injected bikes had lots of problems and almost everyone I knew that had one converted it to carburetors.

Back