Old Bose 301's

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
I have an old set of 301's (like, maybe from the '80's), and the paper cones on the bass speakers are crumbling. Can I buy the speakers, or is it time to get a new set? I hate to see such a nice set of speakers go into the trash.

Time to send them away. Technology has passed them up. I got rid of a set of 501s a few years back so I feel your pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have them reconed. In Tampa, we have a place called the Speaker Exchange. I have to imagine you have something similar up there.

Wow i had a set of those when I was just out of HS. Then I upgraded to a set of 901's. It was pretty rude for a singlewide trailer. Almost got me thrown out of the park several times....hehehe

These are from back when Bose was a good solid company and not the big box sell out that they are today. Sadly I would put these to rest and look into a new set (not Bose their quality has gone down the tubes IMO) of quality speakers.

These are from back when Bose was a good solid company and not the big box sell out that they are today. Sadly I would put these to rest and look into a new set (not Bose their quality has gone down the tubes IMO) of quality speakers.

No need to waste money if you can fix those. I liked mine. The 901'2 were such a pain because of spacing requirements and lack of room. The 301's are legendary.

hey hey take that back :laugh:

I actually use Bose for my dj gigs

I got sticks!
Granted they do not thump like dual 18s subs
But they get the job done and do not look over powering especially for weddings.

I use them for home theater when not in use ???

l_5a82faa1f8d53a4241e96d83c0239a2c.jpg

l_cfd0ce5b1e1f409a9ac9183e8b3d439a.jpg

l_2a4b585bd2284b029e959330e1fdd6c2.jpg

l_0a4e07c7328a57f4f7cc442c3e342ec8.jpg

I used to rebuild them. If they are that old throw them out and get something new. It is not worth the money to have them rebuilt. I would recommend you look at some Klipsch speakers as they are very nice and not too expensive. They make all types and price ranges.

I lost some hearing working on some Bose Professional Bass Bins. I had my head inside the bins when testing them and I would never recommend that!! Those bass bins rocked when I was done with them.

I have some Cerwin Vega d9's that look as new as the day I bought them. They still sound great but I don't have any use for them. Wish you were a little closer so that I could off load them...

Now you are talking Doug, I love my old Vegas... they are almost as old as me and still rock. :thumbsup:

Man, Cerwin Vega's really take me back, Cap. Nice setup Djx. Maybe I'll look for some decent 8" replacements and see what they do for the old 301's.

If you need any suggestions on what to look for new, I can give you some ideas! Shopping with other peoples money is FUN!!!:cheerleader:

I have some Cerwin Vega d9's that look as new as the day I bought them. They still sound great but I don't have any use for them. Wish you were a little closer so that I could off load them...

Iam still using dx 9's too...i built my own cabinets for them though and moved the 15 inch woofer to the side so the face is skinnier...

those old bose are crap...a 30$ speaker from today sounds better then those do...i fyou ever take a bose acoustamass system apart youll understand...technology my arse...more like a dome light inside your bass speaker and its not even powered...

get a nice set of Boston accustixe, cantons, sonance, parasound etc....

Last edited:
Back